Shp2pgsql not found in Centos 7 64 bit

Luciano-2
Hello, I installed postgis in a server Centos 7 using the 'yum install postgis2_94' command, but shp2pgsql does not run.

When I search the existing shortcut in '/usr/bin/shp2pgsql', it points to
/etc/alternatives/ postgis-shp2pgsql ',
what points to' /usr/postgresql-9.4/bin/shp2pgsql ' what does not exist.

In short, when I run './usr/bin/shp2pgsql' or '/usr/postgresql-9.4/bin/shp2pgsql' get command not found.

For installation, I used the following repositories:

After the installation, with the comand: #select postgis_full_version(), I get:

 postgis_full_version
 POSTGIS="2.1.7...

 That is, apparently, everything is normal...

This would be a bug of de install script?

Some suggestion ...?

Thanks.
--
Luciano

Re: Shp2pgsql not found in Centos 7 64 bit

kijato
Hi,

I don't know Centos.
I don't use Postgresql from packages, because it isn't perfect never (its my experience...). Always I compile Postgresql-Postgis from source and I'm happy.
In my opinion when the maintainer made the postgis package doesn't put the shp2pgsql / pgsql2shp program to the package.
This problem is independent that you can to run postgis_full_version SQL function and there isn't shp2pgsql, that is a "additional" binary software, isn't SQL function.
I guess you must try to complie & install & use postgresql-postgis from source... or must wait that Centos Team improving the mistake.
Or: compile  postgresql-postgis from source and copy the shp2pgsql / pgsql2shp to the /usr/local/bin (for example).

Greetings,
kjt