Show KLV data

Jelle Vreeker
Hi,

In my application I have the ossim planet running, now I receive klv
data from a udp stream. How can  I show the position and the FOV in a
separate layer.

Can someone point me out in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jelle Vreeker

Re: Show KLV data

Norman Goldstein
I assume your klv has been stripped out of a video feed.  There are
three things that need to be done to use it effectively
1. Get at the information
2. Properly interpret the information
3. Synchronize the information with the video feed

The first one is the easiest e.g. http://www.gwg.nga.mil/misb/faq.html
for starters.
The various producers of video streams don't all have the same
interpretation of what the klv information exactly means, so you may
need to get hold of specific documentation for the particular video
flavour you are working with.

Depending on the nature of your application, the synchronization of the
KLV with the video feed may not be critifcal -- do you need +-10 sec ?
+-1 sec? +-0.01sec?  There are documents and papers on this problem.  I
suggest understanding 1) and 2), above, before delving too deeply into
the synchronization problem.

I hope this helps.

On 08/25/2013 06:18 AM, Jelle Vreeker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my application I have the ossim planet running, now I receive klv
> data from a udp stream. How can  I show the position and the FOV in a
> separate layer.
>
> Can someone point me out in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Jelle Vreeker

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Show KLV data

Garrett Potts-2
Hello all:

We have an ossimPredator library that parses and synchs KLV stream to a video stream.  I have only tested with self contained KLV MPEG2-TS files.  I have not tried coming from a UDP stream.  We use ffmpeg for the parsing and I have our own parser for the KLV decoding.   We currently do not do interpolation of the supplied euler angles (I think they are Euler based rotations, can't remember).  We still need to add smooth interpolation so we can get a continuous location and roll, pitch yaw of the aircraft.

The video that I have seen is sampled at a rate of 30 frames per second and the KLV is sampled at about 2 per second.  Some though are faster rates that match nearly the video but most I have seen has been much smaller forcing software to interpolate values using some piece wise polynomial.

Take care

Garrett