Shall we postpone meetings for a month?

Cameron Shorter
Hi lexicon folks,
I'm personally not going to have much to add to this forum for a month or two, but plan to be back in force after that.
I'm wondering where others are at, and whether we should postpone weekly meeting for a month and then check in again then?

In particular, Rob, Ron, Reese, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google

Re: Shall we postpone meetings for a month?

labrinos

Dear Cameron,

I was following the announcements about the weekly meetings and I
tried a couple of times to be there but I realized that the time of
the meetings was not so convenient for a Greek participant. I know
that it is not your fault, I don't blame you, but maybe we could have
once a month a meeting with those who are not participating due to
time restrictions, where we could get informed about the weekly
meetings and decisions.
I read the minutes of some of the meetings but this is not so informative.

Best regards
Nikos

--
Διευκρίνιση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου
Οι πληροφορίες που συμπεριλαμβάνονται σε αυτό το μήνυμα είναι

Σας Ευχαριστούμε,
Αριστοτέλειο Πανεπιστήμιο Θεσσαλονίκης

Email Disclaimer
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s). If you have received this transmission in error,
and you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is
prohibited. Furthermore, you are kindly requested to send us back the
original message to the sender’s address and delete the message from
your system immediately.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore AUTH does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message and for
any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed.

Thank You,
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

Δρ. Νίκος Λαμπρινός
Καθηγητής της Διδασκαλίας της Γεωγραφίας
Τμήμα Δημοτικής Εκπαίδευσης
Α.Π.Θ. 54124 Θεσσαλονίκη
Τηλ.: 2310 991201 / 991230
Email: [hidden email]
Web Page: http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/
          http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/
          https://www.auth.gr/univUnits

Dr. Nikos Lambrinos
Professor of Geography Teaching
President of the Hellenic digital earth Centre of Excellence
Faculty of Education
School of Primary Education
Dept. of Science and New Technologies
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
GR-54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel: +30 2310 991201
              https://www.auth.gr/en/univUnits

Re: Shall we postpone meetings for a month?

Cameron Shorter
Nikos, I believe we now have more potential participants in the EU timezone than the US timezone, so I see value in timeshifting the next meeting slot, to maybe:

LocationLocal TimeTime ZoneUTC Offset
Auckland (New Zealand - Auckland)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 8:00:00 pmNZDTUTC+13 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 6:00:00 pmAEDTUTC+11 hours
Brisbane (Australia - Queensland)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 5:00:00 pmAESTUTC+10 hours
Tokyo (Japan)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 4:00:00 pmJSTUTC+9 hours
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 3:00:00 pmHKTUTC+8 hours
Mumbai (India - Maharashtra)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 12:30:00 pmISTUTC+5:30 hours
Athens (Greece)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 9:00:00 amEETUTC+2 hours
London (United Kingdom - England)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 7:00:00 amGMTUTC
New York (USA - New York)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 2:00:00 amESTUTC-5 hours
Salt Lake City (USA - Utah)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 12:00:00 midnightMSTUTC-7 hours
San Francisco (USA - California)Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 11:00:00 pmPSTUTC-8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 07:00:00

Feel free to look at your calendars and suggest a timeslot on a different day, or shifted an hour or two.

[...]

Codrina
I second.

Codrina

On 11/02/2021 11:59, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear Cameron,
>
> I was following the announcements about the weekly meetings and I tried
> a couple of times to be there but I realized that the time of the
> meetings was not so convenient for a Greek participant. I know that it
> is not your fault, I don't blame you, but maybe we could have once a
> month a meeting with those who are not participating due to time
> restrictions, where we could get informed about the weekly meetings and
> decisions.
> I read the minutes of some of the meetings but this is not so informative.
>
> Best regards
> Nikos
>

> Παραθέτοντας από Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi lexicon folks,
>> I'm personally not going to have much to add to this forum for a month or
>> two, but plan to be back in force after that.
>> I'm wondering where others are at, and whether we should postpone weekly
>> meeting for a month and then check in again then?
>>
>> In particular, Rob, Ron, Reese, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
>>
>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Technical Writer, Google

Re: Shall we postpone meetings for a month?

labrinos

Hi Cameron,

This schedule is nice for me. I don't know about the others, I guess
that our colleagues from US wouldn't be happy about it.
Maybe we can have "rolling" meetings with two coordinators, one to the
West and one to the East. Meetings will have the same agenda and take
place within one-two days difference.
The two coordinators will have to have another meeting to attach the
minutes of the two meetings and come to a final result.
I propose you as the chief coordinator (and East coordinator) and you
can suggest someone to be the West Coordinator (maybe a colleague from
UK).

I think this is a way that no one will be excluded due to time difference.