Setting snapping distance of search results

Setting snapping distance of search results

Max Gruhlke

Hi there,

I experienced the following behavior using the identify tool in Mapbender 3.0.5.3.

1.       I found an object, using a search router and zoomed to the desired feature.

2.       I activated the identify tool and clicked right at the highlighted position. The feature Info returned no result.

3.       A click right at the symbol itself returns a result.

Creating the style-definition of those pins, I had to set a displacement in order to place the tip of the pin right on the coordinates of the feature.

Is there a way to increase the snapping distance of the identify tool?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Max Gruhlke

Re: Setting snapping distance of search results

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Max,

you have to increase the tolerance for the FeatureInfo of your WMS.

For MapServer you can do it with the TOLERANCE Parameter. Derfault is 3
pixel.

http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html

TOLERANCE 10
TOLERANCEUNITS pixels (pixels is default)

For other WMS you have to check their documentation.

Astrid

Am 2017-02-20 08:55, schrieb Max Gruhlke:

> Hi there,
>
> I experienced the following behavior using the identify tool in
> Mapbender 3.0.5.3.
>
> 1.       I found an object, using a search router and zoomed to the
> desired feature.
>
> 2.       I activated the identify tool and clicked right at the
> highlighted position. The feature Info returned no result.
>
> 3.       A click right at the symbol itself returns a result.
>
> Creating the style-definition of those pins, I had to set a
> displacement in order to place the tip of the pin right on the
> coordinates of the feature.
>
> Is there a way to increase the snapping distance of the identify tool?
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Max Gruhlke

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2017
20.-24.03.2017 in Bonn
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn