Setting computational region to wx monitor from command line

Setting computational region to wx monitor from command line

Eric Patton-2
Hi folks,

I’m looking for a way to set the computational region to that of the display window from within a script. I couldn’t find any d.* or g.* commands that did this.

What I am trying to do is pan around the wx monitor to different portions of my vector coastline, and then from the command line run a script that uses the current display area as its computational region and updates the attribute table of the features displayed in the region from   null to some other value.

Any ideas on whether this is possible?

~ Eric.

Re: Setting computational region to wx monitor from command line

NikosAlexandris
* Eric Patton <[hidden email]> [2018-02-13 03:02:59 -0800]:

> Hi folks,
>
>I’m looking for a way to set the computational region to that of the
>display window from within a script. I couldn’t find any d.* or g.*
>commands that did this.
>
>What I am trying to do is pan around the wx monitor to different portions
>of my vector coastline, and then from the command line run a script that
>uses the current display area as its computational region and updates the
>attribute table of the features displayed in the region from   null to some
>other value.
>
>Any ideas on whether this is possible?
Maybe d.info -g

?

Nikos

Re: Setting computational region to wx monitor from command line

Anna Petrášová
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM, Eric Patton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I’m looking for a way to set the computational region to that of the display
> window from within a script. I couldn’t find any d.* or g.* commands that
> did this.
>
> What I am trying to do is pan around the wx monitor to different portions of
> my vector coastline, and then from the command line run a script that uses
> the current display area as its computational region and updates the
> attribute table of the features displayed in the region from   null to some
> other value.
>
> Any ideas on whether this is possible?

Not currently, you would have to hack the GUI now to for example write
somewhere a file every time you change zoom and then create a script
that reads in this file and sets the region.

Anna

> ~ Eric.

Re: Setting computational region to wx monitor from command line

Eric Patton-2
Ok, thanks Anna, that is what I thought.

~ Eric.