Set maxUploadSize when using Docker

Steffen Reichel
Hi!

I'm using the geonetwork 3.4.3 docker image and trying to increase the
maxUploadSize from 100MB to something bigger. I try to follow the
instructions in [1].

Problem: Inside the container in
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-spring-geonetwork.xml
there is no "maxUploadSize" parameter if I see that correctly.

The only thing I find is in in
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config.xml there is a
"<maxUploadSize>100</maxUploadSize>". But increasing that does not help.

Any ideas what I do wrong?

Cheers,
Grmpfhmbl

Re: Set maxUploadSize when using Docker

Jose Garcia
Hi

The file where is defined is
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/3.4.x/services/src/main/resources/config-spring-geonetwork.xml#L63-L66,
but that's build inside the services jar, so not easy to change unless
rebuilding GeoNetwork.

This should be improved, probably to be moved geonetwork/WEB-INF/
config-spring-geonetwork.xml or making it configurable in the UI. There's
an open issue related to this:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/2030

The other setting in config.xml is for the old Jeeves services, probably
kept in case any legacy service is still used.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Set maxUploadSize when using Docker

Steffen Reichel
Hi Jose,

thank you for you answer. That helped a lot! So what I did now was:

extracting config-spring-geonetwork.xml from the services jar
setting the upload size
packing it back into the jar

That is not a nice solution, but it can be automated, works for now and
gives the desired result. :-)

Cheers,
Steffen