Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

mortac8
GeoWebCache has instructions on how to utilize ArcGIS cached layers[1].  Is this possible to do within GeoServer?  I tried to edit the geowebcache.xml as it instructs but I just get a bunch of stack traces then when I start GeoServer.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

[1]http://geowebcache.org/docs/current/configuration/layers/arcgistilingschemes.html

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

mortac8
Any info on this?  I would like to server ArcGIS cached layers via GeoServer.  Do I just need to set up a standalone instance of GeoWebCache for this capability?  Thanks!

mortac8 wrote
GeoWebCache has instructions on how to utilize ArcGIS cached layers[1].  Is this possible to do within GeoServer?  I tried to edit the geowebcache.xml as it instructs but I just get a bunch of stack traces then when I start GeoServer.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

[1]http://geowebcache.org/docs/current/configuration/layers/arcgistilingschemes.html

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

geowolf
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM, mortac8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any info on this?  I would like to server ArcGIS cached layers via GeoServer.
Do I just need to set up a standalone instance of GeoWebCache for this
capability?  Thanks!

I believe you might. Not sure, never tried doing with the embedded one, but
also that one has a geowebcache.xml file, so maybe editing it manually
to add the ArcGIS cache reference and restarting GeoServer will do the trick
(ah, you might also have to bring in the arcgis tile cache jar from GeoWebCache,
not sure we have it in the GeoServer distribution)

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

mortac8
Thanks Andrea!  I tried adding that .jar but it didn't work :(

I see in the GWC war there is a geowebcache-arcgiscache-content.xml and a geowebcache-servlet.xml that reference the arcgiscache classes.  Any idea on if/how those Bean configuration files need to get into my GeoServer deployment?

geowolf wrote

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM, mortac8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Andrea!  I tried adding that .jar but it didn't work :(

I see in the GWC war there is a geowebcache-arcgiscache-content.xml and a
geowebcache-servlet.xml that reference the arcgiscache classes.  Any idea on
if/how those Bean configuration files need to get into my GeoServer
deployment?

Ah, not off the top of my head. You are right, GeoServer has its own Spring files
to bind GeoWebCache, I guess the arcgiscache ones must be wired there somehow
to work.
I guess, look at how the wiring is done in vanilla GeoWebCache appcontext files,
and try to repeat the same in GeoServer

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

mortac8
I tried the steps below to get <arcgisLayer> to work as a geowebcache type in GeoServer but am still getting the same error.  Who wants to do this for me for $50 :)

1) Added gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to WEB-INF/lib in F:\GeoServer-2.3.2

2) Updated applicationContext.xml in gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to have an entry for the arcgiscache like all of the other beans.
<bean id="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionInterceptorEnabledCheck" class="org.geoserver.gwc.config.GWCServiceEnablementInterceptor">
    <constructor-arg ref="gwcFacade" />
</bean>

3) Added geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml to gwc-2.3.2.jar in F:\GeoServer-2.3.2
--edited geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml to match others XML file types:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
  <description>
   Bean configuration file for the gwc-arcgiscache module
  </description>

  <bean id="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionTarget" class="org.geowebcache.arcgis.layer.ArcGISLayerXMLConfigurationProvider" />
</beans>

  <bean id="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionProxy" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean">
    <property name="targetName">
      <value>arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionTarget</value>
    </property>
    <property name="interceptorNames">
      <list>

          <value>arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionInterceptor*</value>
      </list>
    </property>
  </bean>
  <alias name="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionProxy" alias="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtention"/>

The error on startup is:
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creati
ng bean with name 'gwcTLDispatcher' defined in URL [jar:file:/F:/geoserver-2.3.2
/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/gwc-2.3.2.jar!/geowebcache-core-context.xml]: Ins
tantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanIns
tantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.geowebcache.layer.Til
eLayerDispatcher]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is com.thoughtw
orks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: arcgisLayer : arcgisLayer
---- Debugging information ----
message             : arcgisLayer
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassExceptio
cause-message       : arcgisLayer
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.Collection
Converter
class[1]            : org.geowebcache.config.GeoWebCacheConfiguration
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionC
onverter
version             : null
-------------------------------
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowir
eConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:288)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1035)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:939)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getOb
ject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistr
y.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBe
an(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver
.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:322)
        ... 40 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not insta
ntiate bean class [org.geowebcache.layer.TileLayerDispatcher]: Constructor threw
 exception; nested exception is com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionEx
ception: arcgisLayer : arcgisLayer
---- Debugging information ----
message             : arcgisLayer
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassExceptio
cause-message       : arcgisLayer
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.Collection
Converter
class[1]            : org.geowebcache.config.GeoWebCacheConfiguration
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionC
onverter
version             : null
-------------------------------
        at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:1
62)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy
.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:110)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowir
eConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:280)
        ... 49 more
Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: arcgisLayer
: arcgisLayer
---- Debugging information ----
message             : arcgisLayer
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassExceptio
cause-message       : arcgisLayer
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.Collection
Converter
class[1]            : org.geowebcache.config.GeoWebCacheConfiguration
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionC
onverter
version             : null
-------------------------------
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshall
er.java:79)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnm
arshaller.java:66)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConv
erter.unmarshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConv
erter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConv
erter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshall
er.java:72)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnm
arshaller.java:66)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnm
arshaller.java:50)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller
.java:134)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarsh
al(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1058)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1030)
        at org.geowebcache.config.XMLConfiguration.loadConfiguration(XMLConfigur
ation.java:396)
        at org.geowebcache.config.XMLConfiguration.loadConfiguration(XMLConfigur
ation.java:380)
        at org.geowebcache.config.XMLConfiguration.loadConfiguration(XMLConfigur
ation.java:371)
        at org.geowebcache.config.XMLConfiguration.initialize(XMLConfiguration.j
ava:870)
        at org.geowebcache.layer.TileLayerDispatcher.initialize(TileLayerDispatc
her.java:189)
        at org.geowebcache.layer.TileLayerDispatcher.initialize(TileLayerDispatc
her.java:164)
        at org.geowebcache.layer.TileLayerDispatcher.reInit(TileLayerDispatcher.
java:118)
        at org.geowebcache.layer.TileLayerDispatcher.<init>(TileLayerDispatcher.
java:66)

geowolf wrote

@geowolf
Technical Lead

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

mortac8
Got it to work:

1) Added geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml to gwc-2.3.2.jar in F:\GeoServer-2.3.2
--edited this file to mimic how other similar files are set up
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
  <description>
   Bean configuration file for the gwc-arcgiscache module
  </description>
  <bean id="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionTarget" class="org.geowebcache.arcgis.layer.ArcGISLayerXMLConfigurationProvider" />
</beans>

2) Added gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to WEB-INF/lib in F:\GeoServer-2.3.2

3) Updated applicationContext.xml in gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
  <bean id="arcGisLayerConfigurationExtentionInterceptorEnabledCheck" class="org.geoserver.gwc.config.GWCServiceEnablementInterceptor">
    <constructor-arg ref="gwcFacade" />
  </bean>

4) Added <import resource="geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml"/> to geowebcache-servlet.xml in gwc-2.3.2.jar

5) Fix from https://github.com/GeoWebCache/geowebcache/issues/79
Built F:\geowebcache-1.4-M20130509a and merged ArcGISCachLayer.class into F:\geoserver-2.3.2\webapps\geoserver\WEB-INF\lib\gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM, mortac8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Got it to work:

1) Added geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml to gwc-2.3.2.jar in
F:\GeoServer-2.3.2
--edited this file to mimic how other similar files are set up
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC &quot;-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN&quot;
&quot;http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd&quot;>
[...]

Nicely done. It would be cool if someone stepped up and turned this set of
instruction into a community module

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

mortac8
Sorry for so many messages but in reviewing the steps I posted previously, I think all that really needs to be done is this:

1) Added geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml to gwc-2.3.2.jar in F:\GeoServer-2.3.2

2) Added <import resource="geowebcache-arcgiscache-context.xml"/> to geowebcache-servlet.xml in gwc-2.3.2.jar

3) Added gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to WEB-INF/lib in F:\GeoServer-2.3.2

4) Built F:\geowebcache-1.4-M20130509a and merged ArcGISCachLayer.class into F:\geoserver-2.3.2\webapps\geoserver\WEB-INF\lib\gwc-arcgiscache-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar (fixes problems where can't zoom in below zoomlevel 10)

Problem with GeoServer Migration

spring
We have two servers, one is test server and the other is production server. I use tomcat as application server.   I want to set up geoserver on both server with exactly the same configuration.
I searched geoserver documention, it is said that we just need to copy the data directory over and it should work.  I tried but it is not working.
On the test server, I deployed geoserver.war , and configured D:\GeoServer_Data as external data directory,  then I created workspaces and layers. I deployed the same geoserver.war to prod server,  copy D:\GeoServer_Data from test server to production server, and  also D:\GeoServer_Data as external data directory on production server. But it is not working on production server. Tomcat can’t be started.  I checked the log, I see this error message:
…….
ERROR [geoserver.global] -GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR:
………
I’ll appreciate any suggestion and help!
Thanks,
Meichun

Re: Problem with GeoServer Migration

geowolf
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Meichun Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
[...]

The message is at error level just to ensure the data dir gets printed, however it seems that on this machine it is not set?
You should have something like:

ERROR [geoserver.global] -GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR: D:\GeoServer_Data

instead.
Also, look at the entire log, another common reason for the server not being able to start is the port Tomcat is normally using
(8080 by default) being already busy, one common culprit using that port is the Oracle administration UI.

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Problem with GeoServer Migration

spring
Thanks Andrea!
Tomcat can start if GeoServer is not installed. I can view the page http://localhost:8080/
After GeoServer was installed, I copied the default data directory (TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\geoserver\data) as D:\GeoServer_Data and configure web.xml. Tomcat and GeoServer can start. I can view the page http://lolcahost:8080/geoserver/
Then I deleted GeoServer_Data directory and   copied GeoServer_Data directory from testserver, tomcat can’t start.  As below is the full log.
2013-05-30 15:14:39,560 WARN [config.CustomEditorConfigurer] - Passing PropertyEditor instances into CustomEditorConfigurer is deprecated: use PropertyEditorRegistrars or PropertyEditor class names instead. Offending key [org.geotools.util.Version; offending editor instance: org.geoserver.platform.util.VersionPropertyEditor@57c501f7
2013-05-30 15:14:39,904 ERROR [geoserver.global] -
----------------------------------
- GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR: D:\GeoServer_Data
----------------------------------
2013-05-30 15:14:42,805 WARN [referencing.factory] - Axis elements found in a wkt definition, the force longitude first axis order hint might not be respected:
PROJCS["WGS84 / Simple Mercator", GEOGCS["WGS 84", DATUM["WGS_1984", SPHEROID["WGS_1984", 6378137.0, 298.257223563]], PRIMEM["Greenwich", 0.0], UNIT["degree", 0.017453292519943295]], PROJECTION["Mercator_1SP_Google"], PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin", 0.0], PARAMETER["central_meridian", 0.0], PARAMETER["scale_factor", 1.0], PARAMETER["false_easting", 0.0], PARAMETER["false_northing", 0.0], UNIT["m", 1.0], AXIS["x", EAST], AXIS["y", NORTH], AUTHORITY["EPSG","54004"]]
2013-05-30 15:14:43,070 WARN [org.geoserver] - Ignoring store directory 'layergroups'

Thanks!
Meichun

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Meichun Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Andrea!
Tomcat can start if GeoServer is not installed. I can view the page http://localhost:8080/
After GeoServer was installed, I copied the default data directory (TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\geoserver\data) as D:\GeoServer_Data and configure web.xml. Tomcat and GeoServer can start. I can view the page http://lolcahost:8080/geoserver/
Then I deleted GeoServer_Data directory and   copied GeoServer_Data directory from testserver, tomcat can’t start.  As below is the full log.

Hum... the log does not contain anything  that might lead to think there is a startup issue, these messages are to be seen also
in any normal startup.

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit http://geoserver.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Re: Serving Layers From Pre-Cached ArcGIS Tiling Schemes?

GeoServer - User mailing list
hello ,thanks for the help your given steps worked for me but its not working
in geoserver 2.15.1 which is latest version.
second I need urgent help regarding ARCGIS pre cached layers which is being
renderd in geosever now but when I click to seed the layers its doing
nothing simple "none " is written .on log checking Its giving error of
"notsupportedoperation ". please anybody tell me how can I get them seed in
geoserver native tile caching.
third I also tried to access "cascade WMS" from "stores"..which is fetching
ArcGIS server published wms layer capabilities xml  and I published it in
geoserver and also did seed successfully but ...still problem is that when
stop ArcGIS server its stops rendering even its tile are seeded in geoserver
directory its not re rending independently the tiled layer.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html