Server 2003 Support

Crispin_at_Linknode
Hi,

Did I miss removing Server 2003 support for MGOS?  I do miss stuff...

There is a new ticket posted http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2324 for installer actions but extended support (security fixes etc) for Windows Server 2003 R2 does not cease until 2015.

We have many clients on this platform and I would not like to exclude them from MapGuide updates (2.6?) yet.

 Crispin

Re: Server 2003 Support

Jackie Ng
The trunk has been upgraded to VS 2012, which drops Windows XP/2003 as a support target unless we build with the Windows XP re-targeting pack.

I don't really want to personally invest resources to build and validate a 2.6 release with VS2012 + Windows XP re-targeting.

If it's bug fixes you're after, we can always backport important ones to 2.5 and put out periodic 2.5.x releases

- Jackie

Re: Server 2003 Support

Crispin_at_Linknode
I see... it should work with side-by-side installation of VS 2010 and targeting that platform toolset but I hadn't appreciated the extra effort or the native lack of support.

My reading for anyone else's reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/compatibility

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff770576(v=vs.110).aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2012/05/18/a-look-ahead-at-the-visual-studio-11-product-lineup-and-platform-support.aspx