September monthly meet-up at Fox & Feather

September monthly meet-up at Fox & Feather

Jérôme St-Louis
Dear OS Geo Ottawa Community,

Please join us tonight for our monthly meet up at the Fox & Feather,
around 7 PM.

We don't have an official agenda, so feel free to let me know if you
would like to present something.

I can give a quick update following my trips to FOSSCON in Philadelphia,
FOSS4G in Dar-es-Salam ( my presentation about unifying map services
available here: http://maps.ecere.com/FOSS4G_UMS.pdf ) and the latest
OGC TC meeting in Stuttgart.

Also an update about our participation in the bid for FOSS4G 2020 in
Halifax, for which the Call for Proposals was recently released.

And talk about the latest cool stuff we are implementing: Augmented
Reality, WFS 3, GeoPackages and Mapbox vector tiles.

Also I would like to nominate Paul Churcher as co-chair of the OSGeo
Ottawa Local Chapter.
Paul has been a very active member of this community who is literally
always there unless he happens to be traveling.
One important responsibility for Paul will be to send out these e-mails
earlier than I manage to do to get more people to show up :)

Please let us know if you support this nomination (Paul, I think you
said you were up for it at our last meeting. Let me know if you've
changed your mind.)

Please let me know if you're planning to join ( or RSVP on the meetup
page: https://www.meetup.com/OttawaOSGeo/ )

Kind regards,

-Jerome

Re: September monthly meet-up at Fox & Feather

Els Aelvoet
I can’t make it either unfortunately, I have friends visiting from Belgium that arrive tonight.
I vote pro for Paul as co-chair. If I would know a couple days more upfront if the meet-up is happening it would be easier to fit in definitely.
On the other hand, I didn’t make it out anymore either the last couple of months but as of next month my schedule looks more quiet again 👌

On Sep 20, 2018, at 2:33 PM, Fabien Ancelin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I should be on time, + / - 10 min. Heading out now.

See you soon.

Fabien

Le jeu. 20 sept. 2018 à 14:49, Jonathan Murphy <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I'm in Toronto for our back to school social there.

Jonathan Murphy
Sent from mobile, please forgive any errors.