SemVer Tags

Tim Schaub
To make OpenLayers more useful with tools like Bower [1], I pushed a "v2.13.1" tag to mark the 2.13.1 release.  This references the same commit as the "release-2.13.1" tag, but the leading "v" (instead of "release-") allows it to be compared with the semver package [2]

Would others be in favor of updating the release procedure wiki page [3] to suggest this tag naming scheme?

Tim

Re: SemVer Tags

Andreas Hocevar-2
I'd be in favor.

Thanks Tim!
Andreas.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Tim Schaub <[hidden email]> wrote:
To make OpenLayers more useful with tools like Bower [1], I pushed a "v2.13.1" tag to mark the 2.13.1 release.  This references the same commit as the "release-2.13.1" tag, but the leading "v" (instead of "release-") allows it to be compared with the semver package [2]

Would others be in favor of updating the release procedure wiki page [3] to suggest this tag naming scheme?

Tim

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

Re: SemVer Tags

Bart van den Eijnden
Yep same here +1.

(Would be great to move the release procedure out of Trac as well eventually).

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden