Selection color and the DWF Viewer API

Joel Carranza
Selection color and the DWF Viewer API

Is there any way to change the selection color in the DWF viewer? Our understanding was that there was going to be a selection color which would be configurable on a per-layer basis.

Also, (possibly related), I am interested in interacting (using javascript) with the DWF viewer on a more complex level than that supplied by the MapGuide Viewer API. However, I haven't been able to locate the DWF viewer documentation. I looked at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5801732 and I didn't see any documentation on some of the API calls that the Layout is using (SelectionSet, EMapEventRelayer). Can anyone provide me a link? Will this information be forthcoming?

Joel Carranza
[hidden email]
Gatekeeper Systems
626-449-3070 x114

RE: Selection color and the DWF Viewer API

weltonw
Selection color and the DWF Viewer API
Joel,

Here's an archived thread that gives more info on DWF Viewer API:

The attachments are zip files - a Word doc and some JavaScript sample code.  These should give you enough to get going.

To modify the selection color, see the DefaultSelectionColor property which is part of IAdEMapViewer.  It's a global setting though, and not per layer.

Walt