SelectFeature: enable clickTolerance to select multi-features at one time

SelectFeature: enable clickTolerance to select multi-features at one time

Simon
In my app, there's functional requirement to let user identify feature attributes: click at a position, then features from several vector layers that locates within clickTolerance will be selected and the selected features list will be shown up in a popup panel.

after researching OpenLayers capabilities, I found that there's no clickTolerance in SelectFeature config options, and also only one feature from a single layer can be selected by click at one time. I am trying to hack SelectFeature.js, however just can't make it due to my knowledge limitation.

Another control "GetFeature" has clickTolerance, but it is supposed to be used in getting feature from remote server. I think I should use SelectFeature.

Any ideas about how to implement above function?

Appreciate a lot!

Re: SelectFeature: enable clickTolerance to select multi-features at one time

Phil Scadden
On 27/08/2011 1:48 a.m., Simon wrote:
> In my app, there's functional requirement to let user identify feature
> attributes: click at a position, then features from several vector layers
> that locates within clickTolerance will be selected and the selected
> features list will be shown up in a popup panel.

Are these vector features WFS by any chance? If so you can use DWITHIN
Spatial filter to achieve same thing.