Segmentation fault when using intersect with multithreading

Segmentation fault when using intersect with multithreading

Fardet Tanguy

Dear GEOS developers,

I would like to know what is the proper way to initialize and use GEOS with OpenMP.
Indeed, I am encountering a segfault problem when using GEOS with multithreading enabled.

I first tried to ask people on SO because I am not 100% sure this issue is directly linked with GEOS (see post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47182166/segfault-when-testing-the-intersection-with-geos-in-parallel) but making sure that I am indeed using GEOS properly is crucial anyway.

Basically, what I need to do is test the intersection between one common object (the environment) and some thread-specific segments. You can find some details and code on the SO post.

Thanks in advance,
best regards.

Tanguy Farde