Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Keith Moss-2
Hi folks,

John alerted me to the existence of a climbing gym very close to the the Uni of Melbourne.

Are there any others climbers out there potentially interested in partnering up for some top rope climbing?

4/8 Franklin St
Melbourne VIC 3000

Weekdays 12pm to 10pm
Weekends 11am to 7pm
+ Wed & Thu 6am-9.30am (CBD Only)

Cheers,

Keith

Re: Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Keith Moss-2
Great! I hadn't got as far as thinking about when yet...

Given flights and conference social events it looks Monday evening is the only decent slot. How's 6PM sound?

On Sun., 23 Sep. 2018, 14:25 Andrew Harvey, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah I'm interested too, but with the icebreaker, dinner and georabble it looks like I'll only have Monday night free, which day/time were you planning on going?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018, at 3:48 PM, Keith Moss wrote:
Hi folks,

John alerted me to the existence of a climbing gym very close to the the Uni of Melbourne.

Are there any others climbers out there potentially interested in partnering up for some top rope climbing?

4/8 Franklin St
Melbourne VIC 3000

Weekdays 12pm to 10pm
Weekends 11am to 7pm
+ Wed & Thu 6am-9.30am (CBD Only)

Cheers,

Keith

Re: Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Mila Frerichs-2
Hi all,

Awesome. I’ll bring my climbing gear as well!!
Is there maybe a possibility to go climbing in the nature near Melbourne?

Mila

---- On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 13:53:39 +0200 Keith Moss<[hidden email]> wrote ----

[...]

Hi Mila, al

…shows a lot of climbing not too far away (werribee gorge and camel’s hump look allright); but one needs to drive.

It’s pretty tempting though - if I turn up on Sunday, half of Monday could be a trip… or even Sunday arvo. I think I’ll be flying in though, so transportless.

Happy to lug a rope and a fistful of quickdraws along if it looks possible to get outside for a climb.

Cheers

Adam

Re: Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Keith Moss-2
Woah! Nice variety of climbing there, Melbourne. I'm envious!

I'll probably pass on outdoor adventures myself though - I don't get in to late Sunday arvo and have some visits already lined up for Monday.

Cheers,

Keith

--
Dr. Adam Steer

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer
http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
skype: adam.d.steer
tweet: @adamdsteer

Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Martin Tomko
HI all,
Depending on how busy the week is, I am certainly happy to join. For sure Monday in the gym should be doable ( although I am a bit rusty now).
When it comes to outdoors, it may be a stretch.
Camel Hump in the You Yangs is closeby, but an inclined slab. Not great fun, I believe ( but I have not. Done it).
The Weribee gorge is probably more fun. Beware, Australian climbing, unlike most European crags, is trad - you need gear to protect the route, unless you climb >UIAA 7.
If you have more time, the Grampians or Arapiles are the place to go, a one day trip to the Cathedral ranges is also an option ( and great place to be anyway).

Great to see outdoorsy spatial folks, not many here in Melbs (
M.

Re: Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Mila Frerichs-2
Hi Everyone,

I took the liberty to create a survey/form to share info with the people who are interested in climbing.
Would love to connect with you and go either indoor or outdoor climbing.

Here is the link if you are interested in climbing and I will create an email off of this list to connect us.

Looking forward seeing you all in a bit.

Mila
Am 25. Sep. 2018, 03:28 +0200 schrieb Keith Moss :
[...]

Hey Mila - great idea!

 I'll be pretty time poor unfortunately, but happy to hit the gym sometime (monday afternoon maybe?)

Hope you find some weekend climbing as well.

See you in Melbourne

On Thu., 8 Nov. 2018, 19:57 Frerichs <[hidden email] wrote:
[...]

For those interested in indoor top roping at Hard Rock - how's 4 - 6PM Monday sound?

Cheers,

Keith

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 at 17:39 adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm keen on this. I should be able to make it at 4. Anyone else coming?

--
Andrew Harvey
CEO

M: <a href="tel:+61.481.083.190">+61 (0)481 083 190
P: <a href="tel:+61282945567">+61 2 8294 5567

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018, at 10:09 PM, Keith Moss wrote:
[...]

Ooh, I only get to melb. airport at 15:30 and then might be busy at the venue - will make it if I can, is anyone keen to hang around longer?

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 00:53, Andrew Harvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm keen on this. I should be able to make it at 4. Anyone else coming?

--
Andrew Harvey
CEO
Alantgeo

M: <a href="tel:+61.481.083.190" target="_blank">+61 (0)481 083 190
P: <a href="tel:+61282945567" target="_blank">+61 2 8294 5567

[...]

Timothy Asquith
I think I can make the 4pm climbing in the CBD. Depends on work a bit, but looking OK so far today.

On 17 November 2018 at 7:00:37 am, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) wrote:

Re: Seeking Climbing Partner(s

Re: Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Keith Moss-2
Likewise I need to be gone by 6 too.

No worries if you're a little late though Tim. Just look for the tall chap with one of these and you'll find me.

chalkballbag.jpg