Seeding without the running server

Agnar Renolen
How is the tilecache_seed.py script working?

Does it need to have the tilcache server up an running, or can you run
tilecache_seed standalone, just to create the tiles.

I need to seed a tilcache before moving the tiles to a Web server that
does not have any map server.
No need to have it running on our own server.

Agnar

--
Agnar Renolen
eMap as (www.emap.no)

Re: Seeding without the running server

ritesh ambastha
You can run it standalone too.

Read:  http://tilecache.org/docs/README.html [The last examples]

An example with zoom levels 5 through 12 and ~2 extra tiles around each zoom level would be like:

$ tilecache_seed.py Zip_Codes 5 12 "-118.12500,31.952162238,-116.015625,34.3071438563" 2

The bbox can be dropped and defaults to world lonlat(-180,-90,180,90):

$ tilecache_seed.py Zip_Codes 0 9

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Agnar Renolen <[hidden email]> wrote:
How is the tilecache_seed.py script working?

Does it need to have the tilcache server up an running, or can you run tilecache_seed standalone, just to create the tiles.

I need to seed a tilcache before moving the tiles to a Web server that does not have any map server.
No need to have it running on our own server.

Agnar

--
Agnar Renolen
eMap as (www.emap.no)