Seconding the nomination of Venka, Helena and Sanghee

Seconding the nomination of Venka, Helena and Sanghee

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Dear All

I want to second the nomination of these three pillars of our Community.
Venka has been a tireless President and his activity,  in Asia and everywhere, has been fundamental for us.
Helena has been a so great leader of GeoForAll and she has been fantastic in proposing and finalising relevant MoUs.
Sanghee has been the vibrant  engine of the Korean community and has been playing such an important role for making possible the UN Open GIS Project.
Best regards.
Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: Seconding the nomination of Venka, Helena and Sanghee

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX)

Big +1 for Sanghee! That man does enormously incredible work with spatial data. He makes the most dense data come alive fully optimized. Nice to have that kind of technical talent helping to guide the OSGeo ship. I have seen his work, and it is great stuff!

-Patrick

Re: Seconding the nomination of Venka, Helena and Sanghee

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX)

This didn’t seem to go through. . .I’ll try again. . .

Big +1 for Sanghee! That man does enormously incredible work with spatial data. He makes the most dense data come alive fully optimized. Nice to have that kind of technical talent helping to guide the OSGeo ship. I have seen his work, and it is great stuff!

-Patrick

Re: Seconding the nomination of Venka, Helena and Sanghee

hhayashi
Dear all,

I support the nomination of Venkatesh Raghavan.
For a long time, he contributed to the spread of FOSS4G Softeware to Asia. All Asian communities are Venka and the result of the Asian local chapter trust relationship.

Also I support the nomination of Sanghee Shin.
He is the most aggressive FOSS4G charter member in Asia and he is a core of FOSS4G maind of OSGeo.Kr. Without him the 2015 World Conference would have been impossible.

And also I support the nomination of Prof. Helena Mitasova.
I remember the scene of she was awarded the Sol Katz Award in 2010 and came to Osaka for mini event of foss4g in 2007.She is an indispensable parson of promoting GeoForAll spreading in the world.

Best regards,

Hayashi.

OSGeo.JP
 http://www.osgeo.jp