Second OSGeo Ireland Symposium - Keynote Speaker Confirmed

Second OSGeo Ireland Symposium - Keynote Speaker Confirmed

daniel mcinerney-2
Dear All,

As mentioned previously, we are currently in the midst of organising the
2nd Symposium of the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter, which will be held on
the 25th of May in Portlaoise. As part of our preparations, we have been
very lucky to secure Jeff McKenna [1] as our keynote speaker for the
event. Jeff is President Emeritus of OSGeo and has been very active in
the development of a several OSGeo initiatives and activities. In 2016,
Jeff was the winner of the Sol Katz award [2] for longtime leadership in
the OSGeo and FOSS4G communities.

In addition to Jeff's Keynote speech, he will also deliver a hands-on
workshop on Mapserver in the afternoon of the symposium.

More details regarding the event will be circulated in due course.

best regards,
Daniel.

[1]: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna
[2]: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Sol_Katz_Award

Re: Second OSGeo Ireland Symposium - Keynote Speaker Confirmed

jmckenna
Administrator
Thank you for the kind words Daniel, I am really looking forward to
helping share the passion at the second OSGeo Ireland Symposium!  I know
Markus did a wonderful job last year.  Lately I've been focusing a lot
on students, which I will explain more in person in May!  I am truly
looking forward to experiencing Portlaoise and its surroundings.

Talk soon,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna