Second GeoNetwork Workshop and ESA/FAO/JRC Workshop - 24-28 April

Second GeoNetwork Workshop and ESA/FAO/JRC Workshop - 24-28 April

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi All,

During the Second GeoNetwork Workshop held in FAO last week (24-28
April) we had one parallel session that was jointly organized by ESA,
FAO and JRC. A press release of that workshop can be read at http://
www.esa.int/esaEO/SEM36POFGLE_index_0.html

The Second GeoNetwork workshop also resulted in the development of a
roadmap for GeoNetwork opensource for the coming year and in the
establishment of a GeoNetwork opensource Steering Committee. More
details to follow.

As a first step we are now working on a proposal to OGC to implement
Catalog Services for the Web 2.0 in GeoNetwork opensource as an OGC
reference implementation. I'll keep you updated while things progress.

Ciao,
Jeroen