Alex-39

Hello friends:

I want to know if somebody has made some modification to Mapbender to make searches inside a map, be to look for (for example) a building among the many buildings that  can have a city or something similar.

Please if somebody has made this I request him that  sent me the module or the code that I use then I need it for a work.

Thank you, Alexander

Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí
http://correo.yahoo.es

Re: Search

Arnulf
Alexander Rodriguez Torres wrote:
> I wait that you have received my messages, I would like to know if you
> can help me with that search,
>
> Greetings

Hi,
I got your message and we just discussed the issue. Uli recommends to
wait a few more days because he is currently developing basics and still
changing the data model so that the code is not stable yet. We will
announce the stable development version as soon as it is available.

If you are in a real hurry give us notice.

What you can do in preparation is to set up the GeoServer software and
configure an OGC WFS that will provide the basis for accessing and
searching geo objects.

Find general WFS Knwo-How here:
http://wms1.ccgis.de/ewiki/index.php?id=OGC+WFS

All information on how to configure GeoServer:
http://wms1.ccgis.de/ewiki/index.php?id=GeoServer

Best, Arnulf.

Re: Search

Thomas Baschetti

Arnulf Christl wrote:
[search modul]
> What you can do in preparation is to set up the GeoServer software and
> configure an OGC WFS that will provide the basis for accessing and
> searching geo objects.

Will GeoServer be necessary or can UMN-Mapserver be used? (Perhaps
the real question is which WFS-Version is necessary?).

Ciao
Thomas Baschetti

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX superg?nstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate f?r nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Re: Search

Arnulf
Thomas Baschetti wrote:

> Arnulf Christl wrote:
> [search modul]
>
>>What you can do in preparation is to set up the GeoServer software and
>>configure an OGC WFS that will provide the basis for accessing and
>>searching geo objects.
>

> Will GeoServer be necessary or can UMN-Mapserver be used? (Perhaps
> the real question is which WFS-Version is necessary?).
>

> Ciao
> Thomas Baschetti

Hi,
we prefer GeoServer over MapServer for most GML and WFS modules because
it is more complete in the FILTER-functionality and renders better GML
(less problems with donuts, better LIKE operators, etc.). Additionally
GeoServer implements WFS-T (transactional) so that it can be used to
edit geometries, one of the development stubs in Mapbender.

For simple features and operations the UMN MapServer GML will also do
fine. The user mapper GUI on http://www.mapbender.org implements
map(tool)tips that are generated from GML delivered by UMN MapServer
WFS. So you can see that it works fine.

Best regards,
Arnulf.