Search problem when having "-" character in query

Search problem when having "-" character in query

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi list, I noticed one problem when having "-" character in query

Searching for Eure loir get 70 results

Searching for Eure-et-Loir get 0 results

Searching for "Eure-et-Loir" get 0 results

Any ideas one what's wrong ?

Thanks for your help. Francois

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et privés.Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and private. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: Search problem when having "-" character in query

Roberto Giaccio
Ciao Francois,
I think that the string containing "-" is split into works by Lucene
when the metadata is indexed, but not when it is used as a search term.
I have to check and see how to solve this.

                                Roberto

On 31 Jan 2006, at 15:16, François Prunayre wrote:

> Hi list, I noticed one problem when having "-" character in query
>
> Searching for Eure loir get 70 results
> http://sandre.eaufrance.fr/geonetwork/srv/fr/main.search?
> extended=off&remote=off&attrset=geo&any=Eure+loir&hitsPerPage=10
>
> Searching for Eure-et-Loir get 0 results
> http://sandre.eaufrance.fr/geonetwork/srv/fr/main.search?
> extended=off&remote=off&attrset=geo&any=Eure-et-Loir&hitsPerPage=10
>
> Searching for "Eure-et-Loir" get 0 results
> http://sandre.eaufrance.fr/geonetwork/srv/fr/main.search?
> extended=off&remote=off&attrset=geo&any=%22Eure-et-Loir%
> 22&hitsPerPage=10
>
> Any ideas one what's wrong ?
>
> Thanks for your help. Francois
>
> --
> Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des
> polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.
>
> Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont
> personnels, confidentiels et privés.Toute publication, utilisation
> ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.
>
> Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is
> personal, confidential and private. Any total or partial
> publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: Search problem when having "-" character in query

Jeroen Ticheler-3
I filed a bug report for this.
Jeroen