Search for ISO topic category added...

Mathieu Coudert-3
Hi list,

I added a new parameter in the advanced search in geonetwork : ISO Topic
category for the ISO 19115 metadata profile.

Now, the advanced search allows users to search for topic category.

So, if somebody is interested in this new search feel free to ask me.

Mathieu C.

Re: Search for ISO topic category added...

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi Mathieu, do you get the list of topic category from the 19115 schema and
propose it to the user
or just do a text search on that field ?

Cheers. Francois

I added a new parameter in the advanced search in geonetwork : ISO Topic
category for the ISO 19115 metadata profile.

Now, the advanced search allows users to search for topic category.

So, if somebody is interested in this new search feel free to ask me.

Mathieu C.

GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et
rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme
partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal,
confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or
distribution must be authorized.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: Search for ISO topic category added...

Mathieu Coudert-3
Hi Francois,

Actually, I'm just performing a text search on that field but it could be
interesting to develop a service to get the list of topic category from the
ISO
19115 schema. I'll working on if I have some time.

Best Regards,

Mathieu

Quoting François Prunayre <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Mathieu, do you get the list of topic category from the 19115 schema a
nd

> propose it to the user
> or just do a text search on that field ?
>
> Cheers. Francois

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi Mathieu,
You can obtain the list straight from the XML of the main service as
it is provided in a localized form. What needs to be done otherwise
is to build a Lucene index on the category and make sure the search
uses that index.
Ciao,
Jeroen

On Oct 26, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Mathieu Coudert wrote:

> Hi Francois,
>
> Actually, I'm just performing a text search on that field but it
> could be
> interesting to develop a service to get the list of topic category
> from the
> ISO
> 19115 schema. I'll working on if I have some time.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Mathieu
>

> Quoting François Prunayre <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Mathieu, do you get the list of topic category from the 19115
>> schema a
> nd
>> propose it to the user
>> or just do a text search on that field ?
>>
>> Cheers. Francois

Hi Jeroen,
thanks for your response,
Concerning the lucene index everything was already alright to perform the t
ext
search (I'm using a lucene index on category and it is used for the search)
.
I just need to get the list, what should be easier now.
Thanks,

Mathieu

Quoting Jeroen Ticheler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Mathieu,
> You can obtain the list straight from the XML of the main service as
> it is provided in a localized form. What needs to be done otherwise
> is to build a Lucene index on the category and make sure the search
> uses that index.
> Ciao,
> Jeroen
>
> On Oct 26, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Mathieu Coudert wrote:
>
>> Hi Francois,
>>
>> Actually, I'm just performing a text search on that field but it  could
be
>> interesting to develop a service to get the list of topic category  from
 the

>> ISO
>> 19115 schema. I'll working on if I have some time.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Mathieu
>>

>> Quoting François Prunayre <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi Mathieu, do you get the list of topic category from the 19115  schem
a a

>> nd
>>> propose it to the user
>>> or just do a text search on that field ?
>>>
>>> Cheers. Francois

Mathieu, I don't know on which version of Geonetwork you're working but I
think Andrea has created also an index on the topic category for the 19139
(on gmd:topicCategory/gmd:MD_TopicCategoryCode/@codeListValue) for 2.1.0.
If you're lucene's field is named 'topicCat', your search on topicCategory
should work on both 19115 & 19139 schemas.

Francois