Script for creating OSGeoLive USB keys in bash and in parallel

Script for creating OSGeoLive USB keys in bash and in parallel

Taïs Grippa

Hi all,

I had to create bootable USB keys from the OSGeoLive ISO image (.iso) for a workshop with 60 participants. To avoid spending too much time, I created a bash SCRIPT that creates the OSGeoLive USB Keys fast.  It allows for parallelization of the procedure, so you can plug many keys on your computer (USB hub) and save precious time.

I created my 60 keys in 10 batches (2.5 hours in total) :-)

--

M. GRIPPA Taïs
Geographer - Phd student IGEAT - ANAGEO