Scale bar

John Craddock
Hello all,
Can anyone point me to the directions as to how to set the scale bar. At
the moment the best I can do is 1 metre/km! not much good on a 1:1000000
map.

Regards
John Craddock

RE: Scale bar

John Craddock
Tim,
My quandary is that I don't know whether I am experiencing a bug, or need an enhancement, or if I am just plain dumb about using QGIS. I am using QGIS on Windows XP; Titan Version 8.1.0 release.
On the status bar, the scale box shows 1:59 for a map where it should read about 1:5900000. When I go to the scale bar set up dialog there is a setting for size of bar. The minimum size that can be set is 1 metre/km. I don't know whether this limitation is related to the scale box issue or not. However, I would expect that there are many maps and GIS views where 1mm/km would not be uncommon.
I don't wish to file unnecessary bug reports if it is me that is the cause of my difficulties. That is why I make the inquiry first.
Regards
John Craddock