Save as... CSV Error

jamess
Before I file a bug report, just wanted to check whether others have
experienced this.

Steps to reproduce

1) Save a layer to csv using right click menu Save As.. or Layer menu >
Save As...
2) Open this csv
3) Save another csv

When I try and save the 2nd csv, QGIS errors with the following message:

Export to vector file failed.
Error: creation of data source failed (OGR error:Failed to open
C:/Users/<username>/Desktop/tmp\LMA_Ramsar.csv, No error.)

The CSV file listed in the error is the csv that I have previously saved
and then opened. If I close this csv QGIS does not error.

James

James Stott BSc (Hons) MSc | Senior Professional
Nicholas Pearson Associates | 30 Brock Street | Bath | BA1 2LN
T: 01225 445548 | M: -
http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/

http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/about-news.asp

http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/terms.asp
This Electronic Transmission is intended only for the attention of the addressee. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the person for whom it is intended, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately by telephone, delete the transmission and destroy any hard copies.
Nicholas Pearson Associates has used all reasonable efforts to ensure that this message and any attachments are free from viruses.
Nicholas Pearson Associates, 30 Brock Street, Bath, BA1 2LN , Tel: +44 (0) 01225 445548, Fax: +44 (0) 01225 312387, Website: http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/

Re: Save as... CSV Error

Goyo
2012/5/25 James Stott <[hidden email]>:

> Before I file a bug report, just wanted to check whether others have
> experienced this.
>
> Steps to reproduce
>
> 1) Save a layer to csv using right click menu Save As.. or Layer menu >
> Save As...
> 2) Open this csv
> 3) Save another csv
>
> When I try and save the 2nd csv, QGIS errors with the following message:
>
> Export to vector file failed.
> Error: creation of data source failed (OGR error:Failed to open
> C:/Users/<username>/Desktop/tmp\LMA_Ramsar.csv, No error.)
>
> The CSV file listed in the error is the csv that I have previously saved
> and then opened. If I close this csv QGIS does not error.

I can't replicate it using master in ubuntu 12.04.

Goyo

Re: Save as... CSV Error

Giovanni Manghi-2

> The CSV file listed in the error is the csv that I have previously saved
> and then opened. If I close this csv QGIS does not error.

cannot confirm here on master/ubuntu.

cheers

-- Giovanni --

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 08:41 +0100, James Stott wrote:
> Is it just a windows thing then? Anyone on windows able to test?

cannot confirm also on Windows.