SWAT Integration?

Rich Shepard
   About 10 years ago I tried integrating SWAT (Soil and Water Assessment
Tool, from Texas A&M Univ.) with GRASS-4.1. Didn't work too well. Now I'd
like to use the most current version with GRASS-6.5svn.

   Is anyone here using SWAT?

   (The source download link is broken but I'll write to TAMU about this.)

Rich

Re: SWAT Integration?

sluedtke
Most of us us SWIM from -

http://www.pik-potsdam.de/research/climate-impacts-and-vulnerabilities/models/swim

- that was derived from SWAT some years ago and many work with a mapwindow interface.

There is  GRASS interface that has the same history like the model itself- derived from the former SWAT-GRASS interface- maybe it is the same besides some minor changes.

I compiled it with the help of a colleague on Ubuntu 10.04 and GRASS 6.4.2 from the repos. The source was from the colleague as well.

SWIM and SWAT are not very different- it all depends on what you are up to of course.

However, the interface is quite buggy but use able if you know the workarounds.

Cheers,

STefan

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Stefan Luedtke wrote:

> Most of us us SWIM from -
> http://www.pik-potsdam.de/research/climate-impacts-and-vulnerabilities/models/swim

Stefan,

   Thank you. More to consider.

Rich

Re: SWAT Integration?

Chris George
There is an open source way to run SWAT, using the MWSWAT interface,
which uses MapWindow as the GIS system.  You can get it from
www.waterbase.org.

Chris

On 19/03/2012 7:50 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> About 10 years ago I tried integrating SWAT (Soil and Water Assessment
> Tool, from Texas A&M Univ.) with GRASS-4.1. Didn't work too well. Now I'd
> like to use the most current version with GRASS-6.5svn.
>
> Is anyone here using SWAT?
>
> (The source download link is broken but I'll write to TAMU about this.)
>
> Rich

Re: SWAT Integration?

Rich Shepard
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Chris George wrote:

> There is an open source way to run SWAT, using the MWSWAT interface, which
> uses MapWindow as the GIS system.  You can get it from www.waterbase.org.

Chris,

   Thank you.

Rich

Re: SWAT Integration?

damb
Hi Stefan. Do you know where I can find the interface SWIM/GRASS?, I already found the user manual, but I can find the code or the interface. Or if I download GRASS, do it come with this interface?

Thanks