STEM education using Open Principles

Suchith Anand
Over the first week of January 2017, a group of 60 secondary school students gathered at Marian University College, Bagamoyo for a ground-breaking training session - the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Youth Boot Camp organised by Projekt Inspire in collaboration with the Ramani Huria team. These students, hailing from different regions of Tanzania (Dar es Salaam, Moshi, Arusha, Mbeya, to name a few), were there to be introduced to GIS and web mapping. More details at

Great work and good example of Open education principles in action. I hope they will share these ideas at FOSS4G Africa and other educators globally

Nikos - please add this to the next newsletter.

Best wishes,

Suchith

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

R: STEM education using Open Principles

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Wow! Congratulations to the organizers!
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

Re: STEM education using Open Principles

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA

​Really amazing. Very good example, no doubt.

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330

Re: STEM education using Open Principles

Suchith Anand
Yes, really inspiring efforts for expanding STEM education for all by OSM and Ramani Huria team. GeoForAll will build upon this idea and expand this globally.

Best wishes,

Suchith

http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/
________________________________

https://hotosm.org/updates/2017-01-26_ramani_huria_trains_secondary_school_students_during_stem_boot_camp

Great work and good example of Open education principles in action. I hope they will share these ideas at FOSS4G Africa and other educators globally

Nikos - please add this to the next newsletter.

Best wishes,

Suchith

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: STEM education using Open Principles

Mark Iliffe-2
Suchith,

I’m more than happy to connect you to my team members that helped implement this.

Best,

Mark