ST_Within equivalent for TIN 3D

Tsolmon
Dear PostGIS users,

I would like to query if a point is located in the TIN object. My TIN object is closed (convex hull) object (i.e. surface of a round object). I tried to use ST_Within, but the error message returns as: ERROR: Unknown geometry type: 15 - Tin
My query is as follows:
SELECT ST_Within(mypoint,mytinobject) As mypointinmytinobject
FROM (SELECT ST_GeomFromText('POINT(x,y,z)', SRID) As mypoint,
(SELECT geom FROM mytintable WHERE gid=1) As mytinobject ) As myobjects;

What are the equivalent 3D query functions like ST_Within for 3D TIN object in PostGIS?

Thanks in advance.
Tsolmon

Re: ST_Within equivalent for TIN 3D

Stephen Mather-2
Hi Tsolmon,

If memory serves, there's no support for TINs with ST_Within yet. I suspect (without testing the suspicion) that you can cast or convert to 3D polygons and do the test, but you'd need to use a 3D equivalent, probably ST_3DDFullyWithin, but the Oslandia folks might be able to answer more intelligently.

Best,
Steve

ST_3DClosestPoint — Returns the 3-dimensional point on g1 that is closest to g2. This is the first point of the 3D shortest line.
ST_3DDistance — For geometry type Returns the 3-dimensional cartesian minimum distance (based on spatial ref) between two geometries in projected units.
ST_3DDWithin — For 3d (z) geometry type Returns true if two geometries 3d distance is within number of units.
ST_3DDFullyWithin — Returns true if all of the 3D geometries are within the specified distance of one another.
ST_3DIntersects — Returns TRUE if the Geometries "spatially intersect" in 3d - only for points and linestrings
ST_3DLongestLine — Returns the 3-dimensional longest line between two geometries
ST_3DMaxDistance — For geometry type Returns the 3-dimensional cartesian maximum distance (based on spatial ref) between two geometries in projected units.
ST_3DShortestLine — Returns the 3-dimensional shortest line between two geometries