ST{R,V}DS in different mapsets

Ken Mankoff
Dear GRASS List,

I'm working with some STRDS and STVDS and having trouble accessing an STRDS located in a different mapset.

I can provide a full MWE, but briefly:

t.sample inputs=bar sample=foo@foo intype=strds samtype=strds method=contain

Reports:

ERROR: Unable to execute sql statement. You have no permission to access
mapset <foo>, or mapset <foo> has no temporal database. Accessible mapsets
are: <bar>

Is this the expected behavior? I use different mapsets a lot to organize the many rasters and vectors from different parts of the project, and I'd hate to have to work all in one place just to use the time series features.

Thanks,

  -k.

Re: ST{R,V}DS in different mapsets

Sören Gebbert
Dear Ken,
you have to add the required mapset to your mapset search path using
g.mapsets. This is a feature of the temporal framework to check only
for temporal databases of mapsets in your current mapset search path.

Best regards
Sören

> Dear GRASS List,
>
> I'm working with some STRDS and STVDS and having trouble accessing an STRDS located in a different mapset.
>
> I can provide a full MWE, but briefly:
>
> t.sample inputs=bar sample=foo@foo intype=strds samtype=strds method=contain
>
> Reports:
>
> ERROR: Unable to execute sql statement. You have no permission to access
> mapset <foo>, or mapset <foo> has no temporal database. Accessible mapsets
> are: <bar>
>
> Is this the expected behavior? I use different mapsets a lot to organize the many rasters and vectors from different parts of the project, and I'd hate to have to work all in one place just to use the time series features.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   -k.

Re: ST{R,V}DS in different mapsets

Laurent C.
Ken,

You need to allow the access of those mapsets with g.mapsets (plural).

Best regards,
Laurent