SQL Server Store

Peter Parker

Using GeoServer 2.14.3 running on RedHat Linux. Installed the appropriate SQL Server Drivers (sqljdbc42.jar and gt-jdbc-sqlserver-20.3.jar ) but when I go to the Stores Admin in the UI I do not see an option for MS SQL Server.

I use Oracle as well and  with those driver installed, I see the Vector Datasource for Oracle in the Stores – New data source page.

Any ideas why I am not seeing the SQL Server option? Thank you!  Peter

Re: SQL Server Store

Matt Barclay
Hi Peter,

I just started using SQL Server with GeoServer (2.15.0).  What worked for me was grabbing the latest MS JDBC driver:

Make sure that goes in your webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib directory along side the gt-jdbc-sqlserver extension.  After a restart, you should see SQL Server on the "Add new Store" page.

But also check your console log to see if there are any exceptions being thrown due to missing libraries.  I hit more than a few issues where the MS JDBC driver wanted some other library installed.

Regards,
Matt

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 1:35 PM Parker, Peter R (OIT) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Using GeoServer 2.14.3 running on RedHat Linux. Installed the appropriate SQL Server Drivers (sqljdbc42.jar and gt-jdbc-sqlserver-20.3.jar ) but when I go to the Stores Admin in the UI I do not see an option for MS SQL Server.

I use Oracle as well and  with those driver installed, I see the Vector Datasource for Oracle in the Stores – New data source page.

Any ideas why I am not seeing the SQL Server option? Thank you!  Peter

Re: SQL Server Store

Peter Parker

Thanks so much Matt that appears to be the problem. I installed using the 7.2 version of the mssql driver and now the MSSQL source appears in the Stores.