SOS Services

"Jan Grüneberg"
I'm planning to implement some adittions to mapbuilder, such as fundamental SOS functions like GetObservation, GetFeaturOfInterest... to build up a webbased viewer like these

http://www.hnd.bayern.de/.

There should be a ground layer and in adittion some geometric Features (GetFeatureOfInterest) witch offering timerelevant information (GetObservation) if needed.

Now my question: are there any solutions, diskussions or implementations to these SOS functions.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Jan

Re: SOS Services

Cameron Shorter
Hi Jan,
Before you start, you might want to know that us Mapbuilder developers
have announced an End-Of-Life announcement for Mapbuilder:
http://communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/EndOfLife
And we recommend that most people would be wiser to consider Openlayers
instead.

However, if you are still keen to continue with Mapbuilder, I'd suggest
looking at the WFS widgets which provide similar functionality to what I
suspect you are looking for.

Jan Grüneberg wrote:

> I'm planning to implement some adittions to mapbuilder, such as fundamental SOS functions like GetObservation, GetFeaturOfInterest... to build up a webbased viewer like these
>
> http://www.hnd.bayern.de/.
>
> There should be a ground layer and in adittion some geometric Features (GetFeatureOfInterest) witch offering timerelevant information (GetObservation) if needed.
>
> Now my question: are there any solutions, diskussions or implementations to these SOS functions.
>
> Thank you in advance for your attention.
>
> Jan

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050