SLD 1.0.20 (to become 1.1.0?) support in geoserver?

SLD 1.0.20 (to become 1.1.0?) support in geoserver?

sfarber
After taking another tour through schemas.opengis.net, I see that there
are schemas up for SLD verison 1.0.20.  Is this what's going to become
SLD 1.1.0?  Is there any Geoserver support for this version of SLD?

Any particular advantages to the new version?  New stuff supported?
Seems much more SVG focused and less CSS focused.

Can anyone comment?

Also, after I figured out that my SLD documents needed to be
1.0.0-based, and not 1.0.20-based, I got a very cool taste of how
awesome SLD in geoserver is.  Great job!

GIS Web Services
MassGIS - Executive Office of Environmental Affairs

251 Causeway Street
5th Floor
Boston, MA  02114
617-626-1145

Re: SLD 1.0.20 (to become 1.1.0?) support in geoserver?

jrm33
At 05:21 PM 6/16/2005, Farber, Saul (ENV) wrote:
>After taking another tour through schemas.opengis.net, I see that there
>are schemas up for SLD verison 1.0.20.  Is this what's going to become
>SLD 1.1.0?  Is there any Geoserver support for this version of SLD?

SLD 1.0.20 was the starting point for the 1.1 Draft, it has moved on a bit
since then but many of the key changes remain.

>Any particular advantages to the new version?  New stuff supported?
>Seems much more SVG focused and less CSS focused.

The ability to extend styles from existing ones is a big change, others
include label layout, units, displacements, environment variables and few
more things besides.

James