SDF spatial index error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SDF spatial index error

Steve Stanton
I'm new to FDO, trying to export some simple polygons to SDF (using the recent FDO 3.6 that's bundled with FDO Toolbox 1.0b4).

Everything seems to be proceeding swimmingly, then it just fails with an exception that says "SDF spatial index error". It appears to be running out of some resource, since the polygon where the failure occurs is different each time I try it.

It looks like the same problem has been logged as ticket #364 (see http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/fdo-trac/2008-July/001177.html), but it seems to have fallen off the radar. Which suggests I must be doing something a bit wrong.

I'm currently creating a new IInsert command for each polygon (I realize there are some bulk processing options, but I thought I'd try to keep it simple). So my next step will be to check whether bulk processing will side-step the issue. My concern is whether that too might hit some resource utilization issue down the road.

Any insights?

Steve

_______________________________________________
fdo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/fdo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: SDF spatial index error

Romica Dascalescu
What's happening when you export same data to SQLite?

Romy.
________________________________________
From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] on behalf of Steve Stanton [[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:29 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [fdo-users] SDF spatial index error

I'm new to FDO, trying to export some simple polygons to SDF (using the recent FDO 3.6 that's bundled with FDO Toolbox 1.0b4).

Everything seems to be proceeding swimmingly, then it just fails with an exception that says "SDF spatial index error". It appears to be running out of some resource, since the polygon where the failure occurs is different each time I try it.

It looks like the same problem has been logged as ticket #364 (see http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/fdo-trac/2008-July/001177.html), but it seems to have fallen off the radar. Which suggests I must be doing something a bit wrong.

I'm currently creating a new IInsert command for each polygon (I realize there are some bulk processing options, but I thought I'd try to keep it simple). So my next step will be to check whether bulk processing will side-step the issue. My concern is whether that too might hit some resource utilization issue down the road.

Any insights?

Steve

_______________________________________________
fdo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/fdo-users_______________________________________________
fdo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/fdo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: SDF spatial index error

Steve Stanton
Hi Romy,

It works fine on export to SQLite. I also went into FDO Toolbox and tried to bulk copy the SQLite file to SDF, and that works too.

Steve

--- On Tue, 8/2/11, Romica Dascalescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: Romica Dascalescu <[hidden email]>
> Subject: RE: [fdo-users] SDF spatial index error
> To: "FDO Users Mail List" <[hidden email]>
> Date: Tuesday, 8 February, 2011, 23:38
> What's happening when you export same
> data to SQLite?
>
> Romy.
> ________________________________________
> From: [hidden email]
> [[hidden email]]
> on behalf of Steve Stanton [[hidden email]]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:29 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [fdo-users] SDF spatial index error
>
> I'm new to FDO, trying to export some simple polygons to
> SDF (using the recent FDO 3.6 that's bundled with FDO
> Toolbox 1.0b4).
>
> Everything seems to be proceeding swimmingly, then it just
> fails with an exception that says "SDF spatial index error".
> It appears to be running out of some resource, since the
> polygon where the failure occurs is different each time I
> try it.
>
> It looks like the same problem has been logged as ticket
> #364 (see http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/fdo-trac/2008-July/001177.html),
> but it seems to have fallen off the radar. Which suggests I
> must be doing something a bit wrong.
>
> I'm currently creating a new IInsert command for each
> polygon (I realize there are some bulk processing options,
> but I thought I'd try to keep it simple). So my next step
> will be to check whether bulk processing will side-step the
> issue. My concern is whether that too might hit some
> resource utilization issue down the road.
>
> Any insights?
>
> Steve

_______________________________________________
fdo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/fdo-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: SDF spatial index error

Steve Stanton
I found the culprit. The IInsert.Execute call returns an IFeatureReader that has to be disposed. My original code was like this:

  using (IInsert cmd = ...
  {
      ...
      cmd.Execute();
  }

I changed it to:

  using (IInsert cmd = ...
  {
      ...
      IFeatureReader reader = cmd.Execute();
      reader.Dispose();
  }


Steve
_______________________________________________
fdo-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/fdo-users