SDE connection

miki79
Hello,

I'm trying to connect Mapserver with SDE in MS4W. I followed the README-sde.txt to Enable SDE 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 Support in MS4W's MapServer.

This is my Layer:

LAYER
    NAME PSITDATA.COMUNI
    TYPE POLYGON
    CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
    CONNECTION "host,port:1521,DBNAME,UN,PW"
    PLUGIN "C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/msplugin_sde_92.dll"
    DATA "PSITDATA.COMUNI,SHAPE,sde.DEFAULT"
    CLASS
        STYLE
            OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
            COLOR 0 128 128
        END
    END
    METADATA
      "wms_title"        "PSITDATA.COMUNI"
      #"wms_srs"             "EPSG:26591"
      "wms_srs"              "EPSG:32633"
      "wms_name"            "PSITDATA.COMUNI"
      "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
      "wms_format"          "image/png"
      "wms_enable_request" "*"   ##necessary
    END
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:32633"
    END
END

but in the MapServer errors log I can see the following lines:

msGetSymbol(): General error message. Can't load requested dynamic library: C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/msplugin_sde_92.dll
loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load dynamic Layer LIB: C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/msplugin_sde_92.dll

Can anyone help me please!

Thanks in advance.

Michele

Re: SDE connection

jmckenna
Administrator
Hello,

Your local README-sde.txt should contain examples that point to the plugin at C:/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/ however I see that you are pointing to the /cgi-bin/ instead.  Here is an example:

     LAYER
       CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
       CONNECTION "hostname,port:xxx,database,username,password"
       PLUGIN "C:/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_91.dll"
       DATA "layername,geometrycolumn,SDE.DEFAULT"
     END # layer

Note that I currently do not have a local SDE instance to test against, so please if other community members can test and provide feedback that would be great.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com

miki79 wrote
Hello,

I'm trying to connect Mapserver with SDE in MS4W. I followed the README-sde.txt to Enable SDE 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 Support in MS4W's MapServer.

This is my Layer:

LAYER
    NAME PSITDATA.COMUNI
    TYPE POLYGON
    CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
    CONNECTION "host,port:1521,DBNAME,UN,PW"
    PLUGIN "C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/msplugin_sde_92.dll"
    DATA "PSITDATA.COMUNI,SHAPE,sde.DEFAULT"
    CLASS

Re: SDE connection

miki79
Yes, you're right.

Because I tried to copy *.dll in cgi-bin. At the first time I followed README-sde.txt with the same result:

msGetSymbol(): General error message. Can't load requested dynamic library: C:/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll
loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load dynamic Layer LIB: C:/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll

Thank you

michele

Re: SDE connection

jmckenna
Administrator
Hello,

I would also follow the first 2 steps (ogrinfo --formats) to verify that you can connect to the SDE instance.

Again I cannot test locally so I hope other community members step in here to comment and test.

Thanks for using MS4W.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com

Re: SDE connection

miki79
Hello,

I have already verified at commandline with this results:

C:\ms4w>ogrinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  -> "SDE" (read/write)
  -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
  -> "MapInfo File" (read/write)
  -> "UK .NTF" (readonly)
  -> "SDTS" (readonly)
  -> "TIGER" (read/write)
  -> "S57" (read/write)
  -> "DGN" (read/write)
  -> "VRT" (readonly)
        .
        .
        .
        .
        .

 C:\ms4w>gdalinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  SDE (ro): ESRI ArcSDE
  VRT (rw+v): Virtual Raster
  GTiff (rw+v): GeoTIFF
  NITF (rw+v): National Imagery Transmission Format
  RPFTOC (rov): Raster Product Format TOC format
  ECRGTOC (rov): ECRG TOC format
  HFA (rw+v): Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
  SAR_CEOS (rov): CEOS SAR Image
  CEOS (rov): CEOS Image
  JAXAPALSAR (rov): JAXA PALSAR Product Reader (Level 1.1/1.5)
  GFF (rov): Ground-based SAR Applications Testbed File Format (.gff)
  ELAS (rw+v): ELAS
  AIG (rov): Arc/Info Binary Grid
  AAIGrid (rwv): Arc/Info ASCII Grid
  .
  .
  .
  .
  .

It should be good.

Thank you

Re: SDE connection

jmckenna
Administrator
Hello,

Since you did copy the dlls to the /cgi-bin/ folder, you could now use Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and load that problem dll (from cgi-bin) in that, to see if all dll files are loaded.

I did that locally, and depends showed me that SDE.dll was not found (in top left panel): http://snag.gy/kAGMH.jpg

I hope other community members will now step in to help/test.

Alternatively you could contact me directly and provide me with access to your server and we can discuss support rates (or discuss funding to improve SDE support in general).

Thanks for using MS4W.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com

Re: SDE connection

miki79
This post was updated on .
Hello,

thank you.

I used Dependency Walker, even for me depends showed me that SDE.dll was not found (http://snag.gy/REVHd.jpg) Unfortunately at the moment I couldn't provide you access to my server. I saw this problem on old post like this:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Prolbem-with-SDE-connection-td4265109.html

michele