SCS GRASS

William R. Lamb sys.adm
Yo!
Does anyone know what the difference between SCS Grass (4.0?) and
vanilla GRASS 4.0 on a Sparc?  Is this a special port to those
speedsters of AT&T --the famed
3B2?  (which are not long for this world --> NCR buyout, etc.)  Does
anyone really use 3B2s besides the government for GIS.  Is this port of
GRASS X based? I hope this does not mean we need one of these dogs to
do a project.
Flame me if you like but please inform me in the process?
best,
William Lamb
Remote Sensing/GIS Laboratory
(409) 845-9425

These views do not reflect the views of my Laboratory, Texas A&M or
anyone else though they probably should.

Re: SCS GRASS

Jim Westervelt-2
#
#William Lamb
#Remote Sensing/GIS Laboratory
#(409) 845-9425

SCS provides support to their users and as such ends up with a slightly
different (and no doubt improved) version of GRASS for their users.  These
users are on a variety of machine including the 3B2, a PC running UNIX,
and Sun machines.

SCS attempted (very successfully) to get the lions share of their release
into the vanilla GRASS 4.0 release.   Much of their special code is found
under the directory ../src.contrib.  Ron Glenn of SCS worked very hard to
get this all together; I believed much of the code should have been placed
under src.alpha.

Under vanilla 4.0 you'll need to compile these extra programs separately.