SAC services : Access to local chapters

Nicolas Roelandt
Hi dear System Administration Committee,

We, the French OSGeo local chapter, are looking to renew our infrastructure in order to make it easier to update and maintain, and less dependent of google.

While discussing those services, it occurs to us that some are already provided by SAC. I think about Gitea, Nextcloud, Collabora.
Are local chapters allowed to use those ressources ? If yes, in what limits ?

Best wishes,

Nicolas Roelandt
OSGeo Chapter Member
OSGeoLive PSC
OSGeo-fr board (System Administration)

Re: [SAC] Fwd: SAC services : Access to local chapters

Nicolas Roelandt
Hi Alex, All,
Sorry for the late reply, but that is great news !
We will do an estimation on the storage need thank you.

What will be a good practice ? I would like to create an OSGeo-fr account that store everything and provides accesses to OSGeo-fr board member.
In that way, the account is not person related. What are the accounts policies in OSGeo ?

I'll check with the OSGeo-fr board, but we might have document we don't want to publish (invoices, quotes), is that possible to keep it private ?

Thanks again for your response,

Best regards,

Le mer. 24 juil. 2019 à 21:48, Alex M <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On 7/24/19 12:36, Nicolas Roelandt wrote:
> Hi dear System Administration Committee,
>
> We, the French OSGeo local chapter, are looking to renew our infrastructure
> in order to make it easier to update and maintain, and less dependent of
> google.
>
> While discussing those services, it occurs to us that some are already
> provided by SAC. I think about Gitea, Nextcloud, Collabora.
> Are local chapters allowed to use those ressources ? If yes, in what limits
> ?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nicolas Roelandt
> OSGeo Chapter Member
> OSGeoLive PSC
> OSGeo-fr board (System Administration)

Yes, you can use them, anything OSGeo related is welcome.

There might be some storage quota limits, you can suggest a starting
size for Nextcloud and we can bump it up later if needed.

Thanks,
Alex
OSGeo Sys Admin Comm

--