Running Ossim Planet

Li, Joshua S CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 56330
Hi,

I have just successfully built ossim/ossimPlanet/ossimPredator and I'm trying to run the OssimPlanetViewer.exe. I was wondering if there are any additional files needed to make this run, because i've already included all their requested files in the root folder. When trying to run the .exe I get an error saying "The application failed to initialize properly". I also tried copying over the font/data files from the installed version of ossimPlanet I had, but it stilll fails to work. I was hoping you could answer a few questions:

What steps can I take to fix this?
Do you know any possible errors that can cause this?
Are there any additional files needed for this to run?

Thank you for your help and consideration.

-Josh

Re: Running Ossim Planet

Martin Chapman
Joshua,

Sounds like you are missing a dependent dll.  Download depends.exe from
http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and use it to open the ossim.exe.  It will
tell you what dll's you are missing.

Martin

I have just successfully built ossim/ossimPlanet/ossimPredator and I'm
trying to run the OssimPlanetViewer.exe. I was wondering if there are any
additional files needed to make this run, because i've already included all
their requested files in the root folder. When trying to run the .exe I get
an error saying "The application failed to initialize properly". I also
tried copying over the font/data files from the installed version of
ossimPlanet I had, but it stilll fails to work. I was hoping you could
answer a few questions:

What steps can I take to fix this?
Do you know any possible errors that can cause this?
Are there any additional files needed for this to run?

Thank you for your help and consideration.

-Josh

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference

Re: Running Ossim Planet

Martin Chapman
Joshua,

Also, make sure all the ossim dependencies (dll's) are available to the exe
from the path or can be found in the same directory as the exe.

Martin

Re: Running Ossim Planet

Garrett Potts
Hello:

Typically this is a mismatch in DLL's or not finding dll's when
running.  More than likely you are missing something from the
package.  Try downloading and running this:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Take care

Garrett