Rules and Regulation Document Version 1

nimalika fernando-2

Dear All,

Sending herewith the initial "Rules & Regulation" document of OSGeo Sri Lanka Chapter. This is prepared based on the comments from Prof. Venka and Jeff  mostly  regarding objectives and memberships.

We have submitted this document to the bank for opening a bank account as the initial document. However, it is open to comments and revisions and please be kind enough to go through this and help to develop it further so that we can present it to our next meeting and get finalised.

Hope we can later refine this into a constitution, when registering as a community association.

Kind regrads

Nimalika

SriLankaChapter_byLaws_1.docx (41K) Download Attachment

Re: Rules and Regulation Document Version 1

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Nimalika and All,

Hope all is well and the OSLeo.LK chapter is finalized.

The Thai Chapter has recently applied for approval as
"official" local chapter.

I think it is a good time for OSGeo.LK to do the same.

Please the mail to the OSGeo board from OSGeo.TH Secretary
at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-June/011540.html

I suggest that the OSGeo.LK Secretary (H.H.K.R.Nayomi) also
draft a similar letter and send to the OSGeo Board
([hidden email]) at the earliest.

You will need to subscribe to the board list at
before posting the mail there.

Best

Venka

On 5/1/2018 1:54 AM, Nimalika Fernando wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Sending herewith the initial "Rules & Regulation" document of OSGeo Sri
> Lanka Chapter. This is prepared based on the comments from Prof. Venka and
> Jeff  mostly  regarding objectives and memberships.
>
> We have submitted this document to the bank for opening a bank account as
> the initial document. However, it is open to comments and revisions and
> please be kind enough to go through this and help to develop it further so
> that we can present it to our next meeting and get finalised.
>
> Hope we can later refine this into a constitution, when registering as a
> community association.
>
> Kind regrads
>

> Nimalika

Re: Rules and Regulation Document Version 1

Malika Gunawardana
Dear Prof. Venka,

Thank you very much for information and it would be a great step to 'Officialize' the Sri Lankan OSGeo Chapter. My name is Malika and in the absence of Nayomi I would bear the responsibilities of the Secretary.

I will straightaway discuss with Nimalika and other committee members to get ideas to draft the letter. and hope to forward it immediately.

Thank you very much again for updating us on the news.

Best regards,

Malika

______________________________________

Malika Gunawardana

email    :  [hidden email]
mobile  :  +94 77 2929394
skype   :  malikapg

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 8:16 AM Venka <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nimalika and All,

Hope all is well and the OSLeo.LK chapter is finalized.

The Thai Chapter has recently applied for approval as
"official" local chapter.

I think it is a good time for OSGeo.LK to do the same.

Please the mail to the OSGeo board from OSGeo.TH Secretary
at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-June/011540.html

I suggest that the OSGeo.LK Secretary (H.H.K.R.Nayomi) also
draft a similar letter and send to the OSGeo Board
([hidden email]) at the earliest.

You will need to subscribe to the board list at
before posting the mail there.

Best

Venka

On 5/1/2018 1:54 AM, Nimalika Fernando wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Sending herewith the initial "Rules & Regulation" document of OSGeo Sri
> Lanka Chapter. This is prepared based on the comments from Prof. Venka and
> Jeff  mostly  regarding objectives and memberships.
>
> We have submitted this document to the bank for opening a bank account as
> the initial document. However, it is open to comments and revisions and
> please be kind enough to go through this and help to develop it further so
> that we can present it to our next meeting and get finalised.
>
> Hope we can later refine this into a constitution, when registering as a
> community association.
>
> Kind regrads
>

> Nimalika

Re: Rules and Regulation Document Version 1

nimalika fernando-2
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the very useful guidance.

Its  great to to think that now we can apply for the "official" membership.

We will attend to this very soon.

Kind regards

Nimalika

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Venka <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dear Nimalika and all,

The next OSGeo board meeting is scheduled for
1 August. I OSGeo.LK can contact the OSGeo board
requesting for "official" Chapter approval in the
next few days.

The Thai chapter is now "official" just in time for
the upcoming foss4g.in.th event.

Hope the LK chapter can initiate the process and
obtain approval before the FOSS4G-Asia event.

Best

Venka