Rubbersheeting with gdalwarp?

Andy Waxman
Hello all,
I am reading through the doc for the gdal utilities and I am a little
confused.  I want to use the thin plate spline warper to rubbersheet an
unreferenced scanned map to a landsat image with control.  Right now I am
collecting of tie points.
My understanding is that I use gdal_translate to embed those tie points into
the scanned map, but how do I use gdalwarp to force the resample?
Thanks,
Andy

Re: Rubbersheeting with gdalwarp?

Frank Warmerdam-2
On 9/13/05, Andy Waxman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am reading through the doc for the gdal utilities and I am a little
> confused.  I want to use the thin plate spline warper to rubbersheet an
> unreferenced scanned map to a landsat image with control.  Right now I am
> collecting of tie points.
> My understanding is that I use gdal_translate to embed those tie points into
> the scanned map, but how do I use gdalwarp to force the resample?

Andy,

If your source image has no geotransform, then gdalwarp
should look for control points to use.  You can supply them
on the commandline with the -gcp option I believe.

So do something like:

 gdalwarp -tps -gcp ... -gcp .. -gcp ... in.tif out.tif