Roadmap and Confidence

Crispin_at_Linknode
Hi,

I know individuals are doing great work in behind-the-scenes as well as
feature RFCs.  But from a public / IT review of the MGOS project (especially
with folk looking at AIMS alternatives) I think the roadmap is key to
showing that there is activity and some future in this solution.

When hearing AIMS is no more, why go to an application that shows the last
release plan to have three releases with no dates and implying only half
complete. I know this is not the real state, but can Trac be updated to
communicate this better.

Google search MapGuide Roadmap to get:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/roadmap

Creating a 3.3 date and 3.4 roadmap would give some confidence I feel.

 Crispin

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html

Re: Roadmap and Confidence

Jackie Ng
Thanks for the heads up Crispin. I'll get this updated.

As a small aside, "content rot" is a big problem with this project. I don't
know the extent of what information is out of date (doubly-compounded by
mapguide.osgeo.org being so difficult to update). Short of users being
proactive in keeping such information up to date (the ideal case), I guess
for now users should just keep sending any links to outdated content my way
and I'll get them updated as first opportunity.

- Jackie

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html

Re: Roadmap and Confidence

Jackie Ng
Roadmaps have been updated.

Old milestone have been closed off and the targeted milestones relocated to
one of the future milestones.

- Jackie

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html

Re: Roadmap and Confidence

Crispin_at_Linknode
Very nice - thank you.
Its great to see everything in one place (before the release notes go out),
the FDO updates / GDAL bump in 3.1.1 makes for a lot of change

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapGuide-Internals-f4209935.html