Road names - Eastern Cape, Mangoloaneni area

Road names - Eastern Cape, Mangoloaneni area

Merylene Naidoo
Hi,

I am looking for shape files with road name information of the attached road located in the Eastern Cape, Mangoloaneni area. Not sure if this information is available.

Thank you,
Regards,
Merylene Naidoo
0767573833

Re: Road names - Eastern Cape, Mangoloaneni area

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

@Theo - the site link you shared is US - Centric

@Merylene - You can get OSM data (which includes roads) here: https://download.geofabrik.de/africa/south-africa.html - though it may not be complete. Otherwise you could ask NGI for data.

Regards

Tim

On 28 Sep 2018, at 11:17, Theo Phiri <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:59 AM Merylene Naidoo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for shape files with road name information of the attached road located in the Eastern Cape, Mangoloaneni area. Not sure if this information is available.

Thank you,
Regards,
Merylene Naidoo
0767573833

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg (8K) Download Attachment

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Bus Stops - Joburg Metrobus and Putco Bus Stops

Willem Badenhorst
Hi all

I am trying to find the coordinates of the busstops (Metrobus and Putco) for the City of Johannesburg.  Can anybody assist?

Thanks and kind regards
Willem

PS, we are exited about the Position IT publication of an article on our ScoutMaster Application -  land use surveys  that were done for Ekurhuleni and Mogale City...check it out at  Position IT article

Willem Badenhorst (Manager)

PLATO Professional GISc Practitioner, PGP1411

South African Planning Institute, 12578

Geo-Information Society of South Africa, YSXB­7391

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa.

Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag x025; Lynnwood Ridge; Pretoria; 0040; Gauteng

Cell: 082 467 5110  -  Fax: +27112527219  -  Skype: kwasimojo

www.mandalagis.com   Click to see map   Click to see StreetView

Disclaimer

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27 (0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Bus Stops - Joburg Metrobus and Putco Bus Stops

gavinf
Hi Willem

You can probably get them from here. It would be great if this project were updated: http://www.ikimap.com/node/3420/fullmap?BBOX=27.870083,-26.190447,28.196239,-26.064068&BASE=gmap

Can you share what you need them for?

Gavin

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Bus Stops - Joburg Metrobus and Putco Bus Stops

Grant Slater

https://www.whereismytransport.com/ is a South African startup who focus on public transport data. They have the data, but I am unsure under what conditions they share the data.

https://movinggauteng.co.za/ is another group with the data. They have been able to get data from the relevant authorities.

As an active contributor to OpenStreetMap (OSM), I would love to get my hands on more public transport data to supplement what is in OpenStreetMap already.

Kind regards,

Grant

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Bus Stops - Joburg Metrobus and Putco Bus Stops

Willem Badenhorst
Thanks Gavin!!!

I am currently doing a Bid Rent (not the traditional town planning type) model for the development proposals of the Western Mining Belt area in collab with GAPP Architects.  One of the criteria items is public transport influence areas which includes BRT, bus, taxi and rail.  I got hold of all except the bus stops.  The influence areas are distances to the interchange (stops) points. Where lots of different transport mode points cluster together, it shows (among other things), nodal development potential.

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Bus Stops - Joburg Metrobus and Putco Bus Stops

Rahul Gawai
Hi Willem,
You can download data from https://overpass-turbo.eu/
you can download data in GeoJson, GPX and KML format.you can just put the following query in the query wizard. after download data, you can open in QGIS or ArcGIS.if any doubt then mail me. also, I attached Bus Route Data in KMZ format.

“"bus stop"”

query_Bus stop.png

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

photograph
Rahul Gawai
System Analyst (GIS) Spatial Data Division
email: [hidden email]
mobile: + 971 50 98 93 401
Department Of Urban Planning And Municipalities, 7th Floor, Al Mamoura Building - Block B, Al Muroor Road، 4th St - Abu Dhabi,UAE
facebook icon youtube icon linkedin icon

Overpass API2.pdf (2M) Download Attachment
Johannesburg MetrobusBRTGautrain bus map.kmz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Bus Stops - Joburg Metrobus and Putco Bus Stops

Lebohang Sello   Transnet Freight Rail   Johannesburg

Can anybody assist me with GIs one

[...]

hello;

Try the link above

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

photograph

Rahul Gawai
System Analyst (GIS) Spatial Data Division

email: [hidden email]
mobile: + 971 50 98 93 401

Department Of Urban Planning And Municipalities, 7th Floor, Al Mamoura Building - Block B, Al Muroor Road، 4th St - Abu Dhabi,UAE

facebook icon youtube icon linkedin icon

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email and its attachments is both confidential and subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified not to read, disclose copy or use the contents thereof in any manner whatsoever, but are kindly requested to notify the sender and delete it immediately. This e-mail message does not create any legally binding contract between Transnet SOC LTD and the recipient, unless the contrary is specifically stated. Statements and opinions expressed in e-mails may not represent those of Transnet SOC LTD. While Transnet will take reasonable precautions, it cannot give any guarantee or warrant that this email will be free of virus infections, errors, interception and, therefore, cannot be held liable for any loss or damages incurred by the recipient, as a result of any of the above-mentioned factors.