Retrieve the getfeatureinfo by point coords

Retrieve the getfeatureinfo by point coords

Andrea Peri
Hi,
I know the GetFeatureInfo is retrieving the information of all the features available in a clicked point using the map extend (bbox) and the pixels references I,J

I'm searching some workaround in mapserver to retrieve the same information of a GetFeatureInfo using the x,y coords.

My need is to avoid to use the BBOX and the pixel I,J.

I guess this is not available in wms specs. But with some custom parameter should it be possible.
?

thx.

Re: Retrieve the getfeatureinfo by point coords

jratike80

-          use fixed i=1&j=1

-          use fixed &width=2&height=2

-          push the clicked coordinates as first parameters of &BBOX=

-          calculate x+1, y+1 for completing the BBOX

I do not remember exactly if width and height can be 1 and BBOX just a point with MapServer, but 2x2 sized output and a real, small BBOX should works with all WMS servers.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Retrieve the getfeatureinfo by point coords

Andrea Peri
Hi Jukka.
It work !

I need to set a size widthxheight of 2x2 (mapserver seem don't work using 1x1)
and a X=Y=1
and a BBOX of 1 meters.

But the result is what I need.

Really thx !