Retired records status

Jo Cook
Hi List,

I'm repeating a question I've asked on the users list, so that I can get feedback on proposed code changes.

Basically setting the status of a record to "retired" doesn't do anything, it makes no change to the visibility of a record or whether it's published/harvestable. Logically it should work in a similar way to "draft" in that the record is only visible/searchable to the group admins and record owner, and is not published. I understand from Jose that this could be managed in DefaultStatusActions.statusChange code.

He has asked me to post here to get some feedback about this proposed change.

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK

Re: Retired records status

SimonPigot
Hi Jo,

Sounds good to me. The overall idea with the statusChange actions and the different status values was to provide a mechanism that sites could tailor to their needs as these often vary from site to site. That said, this proposed default action for retired would be useful. Are you proposing to do this for 2.10.x as well as 3? Should be straightforward.

Cheers,
Simon
I'm repeating a question I've asked on the users list, so that I can get feedback on proposed code changes.

Basically setting the status of a record to "retired" doesn't do anything, it makes no change to the visibility of a record or whether it's published/harvestable. Logically it should work in a similar way to "draft" in that the record is only visible/searchable to the group admins and record owner, and is not published. I understand from Jose that this could be managed in DefaultStatusActions.statusChange code.

He has asked me to post here to get some feedback about this proposed change.

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 7930 524 155
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

Re: Retired records status

Jo Cook
Hi Simon,

If it's possible to get it done for 2.10 as well as 3 that would be great- the use case I have is for 2.10 but we're likely to be needing something similar with 3 soon. I have to admit that it's probably not something I could attempt to do myself as my personal java skills are close to zero but I'd be more than happy to compile and test, amend documentation etc.

Thanks

Jo

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:59 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

t:<a href="tel:%2B44%207930%20524%20155" value="+447930524155">+44 7930 524 155
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.