Restriction of the harvesters managemnt on role "Admin"

Restriction of the harvesters managemnt on role "Admin"

Deordic, Dejan (LGL)

Hi everyone,

in Geonetwork 3.4.2.0 roles “useradmin” and “admin” can add, edit and delete harvesters.

I am wondering if it is possible to allow these operations only for role “admin”?

I have already read the documentation (https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/3.4.x/en/administrator-guide/index.html) concerning Geonetwork 3.4.x and couldn’t find any information regarding this issue.

Has anyone idea if this can be done? If yes, some hints how this can be configured will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Dejan

Re: [GeoNetwork-users] Restriction of the harvesters managemnt on role "Admin"

Jo Cook
Hi Dejan,

I haven't tested this in 3.4.x but it seems to be the same as in previous versions- you can edit the config-security/config-security-mapping.xml file to determine which type of user has access to which url. The exact location of that file will be dependent on how geonetwork is installed- in tomcat it's in geonetwork/WEB-INF.

Regards

Jo

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Deordic, Dejan (LGL) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

in Geonetwork 3.4.2.0 roles "useradmin" and "admin" can add, edit and delete harvesters.

I am wondering if it is possible to allow these operations only for role "admin"?

I have already read the documentation (https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/3.4.x/en/administrator-guide/index.html) concerning Geonetwork 3.4.x and couldn't find any information regarding this issue.

Has anyone idea if this can be done? If yes, some hints how this can be configured will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Dejan

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent responses at that time, please visit support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

--

Reserve your conference place now:
Bristol 26 Sept | Leeds 3rd October

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.