Resolved: Projection

sarel
Hi

Magnus was right in that the OTF transfomation must be selected for the new CRS to take effect on the layer.
If the OTF is not selected and the user choose a new CRS projection it will not refresh to the new projection.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Sarel

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Sarel Coetzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Magnus

I am using shapefiles. I had to save the shapefile with the new CRS to get the projection correct and reload.

Sarel

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Magnus Homann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sarel Coetzer skrev:

Hi Giovanni

Yes I have tried the OTF facility and still the layers wont overlay. The issue is that changes can be made to the CRS but it does not take effect until the layer file is saved with the new CRS values and is required to be reloaded in a new session. Surely the layers should refresh with the newly selected CRS and display in the correct location unless I am missing something fundamentally.

Yes, it should change immediately.

Is it raster or vector layer? Rasters won't reproject.

Magnus

--
http://sarelgis.blogspot.com/

--