Reset MapAgent credentials

TheDave
Hello!

I'm trying to update our mapping provider on a system test box; and need to
upload a new web layout through the MapAgent.
I've no idea what the credentials are for MapAgent on this machine.
Is there a way to reset the password?

I have an instance of MapGuide on another machine which works fine; is it
possible to maybe move some files onto the system test box to overwrite the
existing files and perhaps reset the password that way?

Reaching the end of my tether.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Reset MapAgent credentials

Jackie Ng
Completely un-tested scenario, but this is probably your only option.

1. Install MapGuide Open Source 4.0 Preview 1
(https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/4.0.0/Preview1/Notes). For the
purpose of solving your particular problem, you should probably go with the
instantsetup bundle instead of the windows installer.

2. Make sure the mgserver.exe for this 4.0 Preview 1 install is not running.

3. Copy the entire contents of "Server/Repositories" from your problem
MapGuide install to your 4.0 Preview 1 install. Make a backup of this data
as well in case the following steps irreversibly mess things up.

4. Open a command prompt on the 4.0 Preview 1 "server/bin" folder and run
the following command:

mgserver.exe setpwd Administrator the_admin_pwd_you_want_to_change_to

Repeat this step for any other user whose password you want to change.

5. Start the MapGuide Server and web tiers on your 4.0 Preview 1 install.
Use Maestro to connect to this server instance with your updated
Administrator password. If you can connect and browse your site repository,
congratulations! You've successfully reset your password using the new
setpwd command-line feature introduced in MGOS 4.0. At this point, you can
stop the MapGuide Server/Web tiers and copy the contents of
"Server/Repositories" of the 4.0 install back into the problem MapGuide
installation, overwriting any existing files. Restart the server/web tiers
on your problem installation and it should now have the user database with
updated passwords.

Let us know how this goes.

- Jackie

Re: Reset MapAgent credentials

TheDave
Hello Jackie,

I downloaded the instantsetup from your link and followed your instructions;
but didn't have any luck.

I got the following error when attempting to reset the password:

> E:\MapGuide 4.0 Preview 1.1 Installer\Server\bin>mgserver.exe setpwd
> Administrator admin
> Setting the password for the specified user
>
> (13600) Failed to load the resource file "Resources/mapguide_en.res" for
> locale
> "en".
> (13600) Server stopped.

I downloaded the newer preview build, but with the same results.
I tried moving the Resources/mapguide_en.res file to sit in the root of
mgserver.exe, but I'm probably opening an unnecessary can of worms doing
that.
However, after running the command again after moving that file, I got the
following message:

> E:\MapGuide 4.0 Preview 1.1 Installer\Server\bin>mgserver.exe setpwd
> Administrat
> or admin
> Setting the password for the specified user
>
> (7704) MgServer::open() - The MentorDictionaryPath setting is invalid. The
> coord
> inate system engine could not be initialized.
> (7704) The thrown error was: A file IO exception occurred:
> ..\..\..\Oem\CsMap\Cs
> MapDev\Dictionaries\
> Failed to retrieve message for "MgFileNotFoundException".(7704) The
> coordinate s
> ystem initialization failed.
>
> - MgServer.open() line 798 file
> c:\working\build_area\mapguide\4.0.0\x64\mgdev\s
> erver\src\core\Server.cpp
>
> (7704) Server stopped.

I've tried this with both the server running and while stopped.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Reset MapAgent credentials

Jackie Ng
Did you run the Setup/InstantSetup.exe tool after extracting the instantsetup
bundle? That sets up all the various config files
(serverconfig.ini/webconfig.ini/etc) so that dictionaries. resource files,
etc are pointing to all the correct paths relative to where you extracted
the instant bundle to.

You need the .net Framework already installed in order to run this tool
(this tool is a .net application)

The fact that you're seeing "..\..\..\Oem\CsMap\CsMapDev\Dictionaries\"
tells me you haven't run this part.

- Jackie

Re: Reset MapAgent credentials

TheDave
Ah right.. Yeah I hadn't done that part.
Have done it now; and managed to run the command successfully.

Trying to connect through Maestro; and getting a 500 error; but the error
doesn't look like it's totally mapguide related.. it's complaining about one
of the projects that use mapguide.. so going to have a look into that.

Thanks for your help Jackie!