Resample a raster

Michael Spencer-2
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to resample a raster in QGIS? e.g. I have a raster with a cell size of 50 m that I would like to convert to 100 m.

I currently do this in grass, but it's a faff defining a new location and then using r.resamp.stats or redefining the location, resampling, and then redefining the original location...

Michael

Re: Resample a raster

giohappy

you can do it with gdal_translate [1] that you can also run through the GDALTools Plugin, i.e. under the Raster menu.

giovanni

[1] http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html

Sent from Nexus

Il 27/set/2013 16:45 "Michael Spencer" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to resample a raster in QGIS? e.g. I have a raster with a cell size of 50 m that I would like to convert to 100 m.

I currently do this in grass, but it's a faff defining a new location and then using r.resamp.stats or redefining the location, resampling, and then redefining the original location...

Michael

Re: Resample a raster

Radim Blazek-2

On Sep 27, 2013 4:45 PM, "Michael Spencer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to resample a raster in QGIS? e.g. I have a raster with a cell size of 50 m that I would like to convert to 100 m.
>
> I currently do this in grass, but it's a faff defining a new location and then using r.resamp.stats or redefining the location, resampling, and then redefining the original location...

You can specify resolution in raster Save as dialog in QGIS 2.

Radim

> Michael

Re: Resample a raster

Michael Spencer-2
Apologies for the delay, I've been sunning and cycling on holiday :)

Thanks all for these answers. The save as dialogue in v2.0 is very nifty! Problem solved.

I could use sextante, but it offers me nothing over GRASS. It still involves me creating new locations or editing the existing one.

On 29 September 2013 19:02, Radim Blazek <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 27, 2013 4:45 PM, "Michael Spencer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to resample a raster in QGIS? e.g. I have a raster with a cell size of 50 m that I would like to convert to 100 m.
>
> I currently do this in grass, but it's a faff defining a new location and then using r.resamp.stats or redefining the location, resampling, and then redefining the original location...

You can specify resolution in raster Save as dialog in QGIS 2.

Radim

> Michael

Re: Resample a raster

sensation
can you please give some details how did you do that cause i am quite a new to qgis?

thank you very much