Requesting to sign up as community project with the Geopaparazzi project

Requesting to sign up as community project with the Geopaparazzi project

Andrea Antonello
Dear incubation committee,
I would hereby ask to consider adding the Geopaparazzi project to teh
Osgeo community projects.

Geopaparazzi  ( Website http://geopaparazzi.eu ) is a digital field
mapping application for Android released under GPL3 license.
It has history of almost 10 years and has always been open to external
contributions. It is quite well documented and has a nice community
surrounding it.
Currently there are to enough active and stable contributors, apart of
the company that initiated the project (HydroloGIS), to apply for
Osgeo incubation. Therefore I rather ask to be registered as Community
Project.

Best regards,
Andrea Antonello

Re: Requesting to sign up as community project with the Geopaparazzi project

jody.garnett
Hello Andrea!

Have you had a look at our checklist? Or do you need a walk through :)
--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 22:49, andrea antonello <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, I thought I had addressed in my request all requirements.

Are you asking because something is missing?

Andrea

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 08:59 Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yep you got it all covered in your text, and I am familiar with the project, and was really happy when you added it to the website ((https://www.osgeo.org/projects/geopaparazzi/).

We have been getting better at boiled down our guidance for GitHub projects:
- Requesting a README (geospatial)
- LICENSE (open source)
- CONTRIBUTING (open to contributions)

For projects joining the OSGeo Community program we dial the LICENSE requirement up a notch, also ask that headers be checked.

For more information / examples check recent incubation presentation

- Can I as you to pull together a CONTRIBUTING.md file (this is shown to contributors when they make a pull request). We have some examples from other projects to draw on if you need inspiration.
- Have you checked the source code headers? Checking a few files myself I did not spot anything missing, but we should ask :)

When you are ready we will make a motion to the incubation committee.
--
Jody Garnett