Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members

Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members

margherita
Dear Board,

As you may know, the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2017 program was announced earlier in October, and it would be great to have OSGeo involved as a mentor organization yet again (2017 will be our 11th application, dating back to 2007!).

I’m writing to request to be officially appointed as primary GSoC admin, with the following co-admins: Helmut Kudrnovsky, Florin-Daniel Cioloboc, Guillermo Pizarro, and Jeff McKenna. We would like to thank Anne again for all of her efforts over the years, and we are so very glad that she is still willing to help and provide her experience occasionally when needed.

With such a dream team I am confident that we will be able to act to the best of our possibilities, in the case that OSGeo is approved once again in the program.

The application is due at the end of January.

Would you please add this motion to the agenda of the next board meeting?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Margherita Di Leo

https://goo.gl/YxmvGR

--
Margherita Di Leo

Re: Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members

Venkatesh Raghavan
Hi Madi,

Thanks for volunteering for GSoC admin.

+1 for Madi and primary admin
+1 for co-admins: Helmut Kudrnovsky, Florin-Daniel Cioloboc,
Guillermo Pizarro, and Jeff McKenna

Many thanks to Anne for her efforts with GSoC over the
years.

Best

Venka

On 11/17/2016 4:42 PM, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
[...]

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Thanks a lot also on my side!

+1 for Madi and primary admin
+1 for co-admins: Helmut Kudrnovsky, Florin-Daniel Cioloboc,
Guillermo Pizarro, and Jeff McKenna

Regards,

Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)

Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321

e-mail1: [hidden email][hidden email]

e-mail2: [hidden email]

Re: Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members

Michael Smith
Also +1 on this. Thank you all for continuing this important part of the open source effort.

Michael Smith
OSGeo Treasurer

On Nov 17, 2016, at 2:58 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Angelos Tzotsos
+1 and many thanks for your continuous efforts!

Angelos

[hidden email]> wrote:

Also +1 on this. Thank you all for continuing this important part of the
open source effort.

Michael Smith
OSGeo Treasurer
[hidden email]

[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members

Helena Mitasova-7

+1 on proposed primary admin and co-admins,
thank you all for volunteering!

Helena

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802

Re: Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members

Sanghee Shin

+1 for this. And thanks to Madi and other volunteers for their efforts and enthusiasm.

Cheers,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2016 11 18일 금요일 오전 2:38
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [Board] Request to appoint the GSoC 2017 Team members