Request for study materials

Cleopatra Ntsumele
I am a Masters student registered for MSc Geography at the University of South Africa focusing on water quality and the primary risks of the Vaal River, I was referred to this group by Dr Wiseman Chingombe from the University of Mpumalanga for assistance with the Vaal River and it relevent catchments shapefiles together with the landuse shapefiles in order to draw maps using ArcGIS for my study. Thank you, your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ntsumele Languta Cleopatra
Mobile Tel: +27 78 397 1865

Re: Request for study materials

Jonothan Swart
Hi Cleopatra,

You can get relevant data from the DWS website such as primary, secondary and quarternary catchment areas. If you contact [hidden email] from DWS, he might be able to supply you with the resource unit and integrated unit of analysis datasets too.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 8:12 AM Cleopatra Ntsumele <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am a Masters student registered for MSc Geography at the University of South Africa focusing on water quality and the primary risks of the Vaal River, I was referred to this group by Dr Wiseman Chingombe from the University of Mpumalanga for assistance with the Vaal River and it relevent catchments shapefiles together with the landuse shapefiles in order to draw maps using ArcGIS for my study. Thank you, your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ntsumele Languta Cleopatra
Mobile Tel: +27 78 397 1865

Jonathan Swart
GIS consultant
www.3DroneMapping.com
1st Floor, 17A Msenga Road, Kloof, KZN, South Africa

Re: Request for study materials

gavinf
Hi Cleopatra

Since this is the Open Source GIS mailing list and UNISA uses QGIS I'm wondering why you are using ArcGIS. As a student i encourage you to try doing your project with QGIS. Experience with FOSS GIS will be empowering and open up lots of opportunities for you.

Also, shapefiles are a legacy data format and you should move towards using a more modern and standard format like geopackage.

Gavin

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 09:06, Cleopatra Ntsumele <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gavin Fleming
c: 0845965680
h: 0871505366
w: 0878092702