Request for an archived email list: foss4g-oceania

Request for an archived email list: foss4g-oceania

Cameron Shorter
OSGeo SAC, Conference committee,

Us OSGeo and OSM folks from the region of Australia / New Zealand and
surrounds are running a FOSS4G event in November 2018 [1]. As discussed
among our organising committee in our last weekly meeting, and confirmed
on email, we'd like to set up an archived orgainising committee email
list. Assuming our regional FOSS4G is successful, we anticipate reusing
this email list for future years as well.

OSGeo Conference committee,
I assume that supporting a regional FOSS4G event fits within OSGeo
mandate and that everyone would be find with OSGeo providing email list
support. Please feel free to add comment as you see fit.

OSGeo SAC,
Could someone please set up an email list with the following details:
Title: FOSS4G-Oceania organisation discussion
Email address: [hidden email]
About: This list is for anyone interested in contributing to the
oranisation of the Free Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) and
State of the Map (SotM) Oceania Conference.

I've raised a SAC ticket to track this here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2172#ticket

[1] http://foss4g-oceania.org/news

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Request for an archived email list: foss4g-oceania

Eli Adam
On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 12:51 AM, Cameron Shorter
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> OSGeo SAC, Conference committee,
>
> Us OSGeo and OSM folks from the region of Australia / New Zealand and
> surrounds are running a FOSS4G event in November 2018 [1]. As discussed
> among our organising committee in our last weekly meeting, and confirmed on
> email, we'd like to set up an archived orgainising committee email list.
> Assuming our regional FOSS4G is successful, we anticipate reusing this email
> list for future years as well.
>
> OSGeo Conference committee,
> I assume that supporting a regional FOSS4G event fits within OSGeo mandate
> and that everyone would be find with OSGeo providing email list support.
> Please feel free to add comment as you see fit.

Yes, definitely!  Sounds like a great regional event.

Eli

> OSGeo SAC,
> Could someone please set up an email list with the following details:
> Title: FOSS4G-Oceania organisation discussion
> Email address: [hidden email]
> About: This list is for anyone interested in contributing to the oranisation
> of the Free Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) and State of the
> Map (SotM) Oceania Conference.
>
> I've raised a SAC ticket to track this here:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2172#ticket
>
> [1] http://foss4g-oceania.org/news
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Request for an archived email list: foss4g-oceania

michael terner-2
Big +1

MT

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> OSGeo SAC, Conference committee,
>
> Us OSGeo and OSM folks from the region of Australia / New Zealand and
> surrounds are running a FOSS4G event in November 2018 [1]. As discussed
> among our organising committee in our last weekly meeting, and confirmed on
> email, we'd like to set up an archived orgainising committee email list.
> Assuming our regional FOSS4G is successful, we anticipate reusing this email
> list for future years as well.
>
> OSGeo Conference committee,
> I assume that supporting a regional FOSS4G event fits within OSGeo mandate
> and that everyone would be find with OSGeo providing email list support.
> Please feel free to add comment as you see fit.

Yes, definitely!  Sounds like a great regional event.

Eli

> OSGeo SAC,
> Could someone please set up an email list with the following details:
> Title: FOSS4G-Oceania organisation discussion
> Email address: [hidden email]
> About: This list is for anyone interested in contributing to the oranisation
> of the Free Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) and State of the
> Map (SotM) Oceania Conference.
>
> I've raised a SAC ticket to track this here:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2172#ticket
>
> [1] http://foss4g-oceania.org/news
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter